What else do you drive, besides SSS?

tokusuke

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Aaron for turning the sows ear into a silk purse. The picture of my SSS parked outside was taken down at my Dad's Memorial Day weekend last May. He was a three time decorated for bravery machine gunner with the 10TH Mountain Division in Italy and later Germany during WWll and he passed away that day.

Well I'm glad that I was able to help you out so you could share that pic and story with us. Believe me I understand loss, I have worked as a Volunteer and Bereavement Coordinator for Hospice for 9 years now. So it comes natural for me to sincerely want to help those in need from the most simple thing like this to the most complex. As long as it can make a difference for someone that is my ultimate goal.

I'm sure your dad was a great man and it was quite a loss for you to lose him. I get the sense you were very close with him and he is who inspired your vehicle hobby.

Next time you drive one of your rides, look over to the passenger seat and smile because his spirit will be riding with you. Celebrate his life, don't mourn his death.

Edited by NoMoreBadAssSilvy (see edit history)

But it is fun when you get it out. I have sat at the starting line maybe sixteen times looking down a smooth wide two mile runway waiting to be waved off. It is or of the most exciting feeling there is going down the track at wide open throttle watching the tach rise until the transmission shifts into the next gear. You lose all aspect of speed and at 136 MPH and then when you go through the speed traps and let the chassis unload and get on the brakes and the truck never even breaths hard, so to speak. You can tell through your seat of the pants dyno when you have made a good run.

My new custom torque converter came in yesterday after being lost for a week because of the snowy weather, can't wait to get it installed and make a couple of test runs .

My wife and I love truck so we have three and one car. I drive 80-100 miles a day

First I started with this beauty post-26050-139201427405_thumb.jpg

94 Toyota 4runner. My child hood truck(SUV). This truck means a lot to me. Because it's me and my dad's project it got about 15-17 mpg

My wife drive this

post-26050-139201445813_thumb.jpg

98 Toyota Tacoma. Came with 5" lift that I hate do to the ride. It's kinda sad that my solid axle 4runner with off road tires rides better. But in the middle of collecting solid axle kit now.

After driving my rock crawler that many miles a day and getting pulled over A LOT I bought another joy

post-26050-139201477916_thumb.jpg 03 Silverado SS. Stock other then brakes and volant cold air kit. Gets 16-21 mpg

After racking my miles on my(to me collectors idem) from 110.000 to 132,000 in one year I bought me this post-26050-139201495554_thumb.jpg 2011 nissan versa. 11,000 miles came with snow and road tires and has a six speed manual. Gets 34 with snow tires and don't know yet with the other ones.

• 2 months later...

2004 Saturn Ion is my daily.

1994 shortbox single cab chevy in white

1977 SE Y82 Trans Am in black

1998 Chevy ZR2 Blazer in Black

2005 Chrysler 300 in Cool Vanilla

and the 03' SSS used to get 30,000 a year but now I put only 1 to 2000 miles a year on it.