What else do you drive, besides SSS?

tokusuke

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just rebuilt the Powerdyne, so I'm glad to be driving the SSS again.

However, I have a 2000 RCSB 5.3 step side silverado with 203k miles. I put in a GM LQ9 cam and LS6(?) valve springs. Rebuilt the G-80 (waste of time). It's still a fun truck.

I also have an '07 Subaru Impreza STi Limited (315 of 800). Really is a fun car but I'd sell it in a heartbeat now that I have my SSS back.

... and the wife has an '04 Pacifica with right around 190k miles. I constantly give her crap for it, but it really is a great runner. The only thing I've done to that one is plugs and timing belt and water pump.

My SSS stays garaged and is gotten out every three weeks or so I n good weather and driven locally just to limber it up. Then it makes two trips per year to Wilmington Ohio to landspeed race on the Ohio Mile, then it goes to a dragstrip four times a year about 60 miles away. Total Mileage 52,000.

1998 C5 Corvette coupe with 21,000 fair weather miles, shown and to the dragstrip four times a year, modified to around 420 flywheel HP

1969 RS SS Indy Pacecar Camaro convertible, it has always been garaged but it need a lite restoration ie. engine gone through, paint buffed out and detailed to show later this year when my health gets better.

1997 72,000 mile Pontiac Formula W/Bandit ll ground effects and graphics. LT1 engine with headers, 3" exhaust, Moroso CAI, Arizona Speed and Marine mass airflow sensor and throttle body, tuneup, Hotchkis shock tower brace, subframe connectors, stabilizer bars shocks and springs. Dailey driver, may try it at the track to see what it will run and if I can find a place may try Autocross with it.

Family car is my Wife's Chrysler van and if weather is really bad and I need to run errands I drive it.

*Drove two legs of HotRod Powertour last year in SSS and it holds six landspeed records. I know most of you drive trucks a lot faster than mine but that would probably put you in a Landspeed class against other vehicles running 180 to 230 MPH.

Oh, in last years July a HotRod Magazine the article started off about me and the last three paragraphs were about me. I set my first record on the Maxton Mile eight months after getting out of a wheelchair which I had been in for two years and Doctors told my family I would never be any better.

If you will send me your email address I will send pictures to you and I would appreciate it if you would post them for me. 3 1/2 years ago I had three strokes within a month. I had to relearn everything but one lingering effect is the inability to comprehend or follow written or verbal instructions. I have had people say download pictures to a photobucket account and then it would be easy to do. I have three Grandchildren who are computer geniuses and can post a picture on Facebook in two minutes but they can't post them on this forum or other forums. I have spent dozen of hours trying to post pictures just to fail each time.

Think about it, I don't want anyone to think I am making any of this stuff up but I would also take pride sharing pictures of my rides with others that would appreciate them.

Thanks,

Garrell

2003 Trilogy Supercharged Marauder... 414 whp... 12.5 @ 109mph 1.89 60 ft on a Nitto NT555 street tire!

1185773_10151556371521784_1997837598_n.j

Clean^^

Here's my DD 2010 Merc. GM, demolded/badged, Magnaflows dumped, CAI, 91 tune, 235/60/17 Pirellis

merc_zps0fa25ace.jpg

Baby tires below

Merc1_zpsa11763ac.jpg

More baby tires

Merc2_zpsed0061ed.jpg

Edited by NoMoreBadAssSilvy (see edit history)

Drive my vmax pretty much daily, or my wifes 2012 Maxima. Depends on if the kids are with me and if they are whichever has the car seats in them lol. Might put 6 or 7k miles a year between the two.

post-25729-0-82657400-1391126562_thumb.jpg

post-25729-0-19112400-1391126740_thumb.jpg

My SS barely sees the light of day except for a good wash and occasional cruise on nice days... My daily is a 2012 mazda 6 seeing how I drive almost 500 miles a week and gas would kill me in my truck... And seeing how I have put maybe a 1000 miles on my truck in 4 years I'd say it helps keep the mileage down too.