What else do you drive, besides SSS?

tokusuke

Just curious what kind of car you guys own besides Silverado SS.

What is the SSS to you? Is it the daily? work truck? racecar? or just as a weekender?

Personally my SSS is for my surfing truck. I drive it weekends to go Jersey shore or long island NY for surfing.

For my daily use I have a Scion Xb to commute to my office in Manhattan everyday.

My wife drives Nissan LEAF (100% EV) everyday and also I have a 1965 VW Microbus that is just for my hobby.

I would like to know what type of car you guys drive besides SSS. I know we all love SSS but what else do you guys also like?

37CFEF4B-8AEE-4647-808C-1D155C982DCA_zps

59B8E337-07F0-4C67-8353-7E597C741FCB_zps

73442767-30B8-47AF-B2C7-8B31695B1BEA_zps

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I daily drive the SS but i did trade-in my 05 caddy sts for a 08 acura rdx 2.3 turbo for my chick to drive back in November.

I take that when I can to save on gas its like a big go kart not as much power but still fun to drive cause its lighter and turbocharged.

I daily drive the SS but i did trade-in my 05 caddy sts for a 08 acura rdx 2.3 turbo for my chick to drive back in November.

I take that when I can to save on gas its like a big go kart not as much power but still fun to drive cause its lighter and turbocharged.

Cool I also had a 07 Acura RDX back in 2006. I purchased the car because Honda does not make turbo a lot (very rare) and also SH-AWD is a 3000 dollars option in Japan but here it comes as standard. I really liked the car but it put too much miles on it so I traded in for 2013 TSX wagon which i totaled by hurricane sandy in 2012.

The SS is my daily driver, although I try and treat it like its not lol. My other cars are a 1957 Bel Air which I did a frame off restoration on and a 1969 C10. Both are just weekend cruisers during the summer and are stored during the winter, they are also both LS powered. The SS works good as a daily because it gets around great in slippery conditions and is fun to drive or at least I think it is.

Yeah it has the sh-awd and yes I think its the first turbo Acura has ever made there are not a lot of things you can do to it.

I'm just gonna do a blow off valve , manual boost controller, injectors, down pipe, and a hondata tune that won't kill the bank but wake it up for when I drive it im gonna keep the stock cat back as to keep it quiet all set with the ricer sound.

Other than the SSS, the wife's car is a Toyota Avalon. We take it everywhere ok mpg's and don't get a ton of miles on my Baby.

The other car I drive is a 1995 Mercury Cougar XR7 loaded up with all options and only has 43,000 miles on it. a5eja8a3.jpg