Key fob ?'s

GI.SS

They have a code in the back, now I don't know the specifics to which is for what years, but if that matters maybe you can call the dealership and find out what number code belongs to your vin.

But other that I've bought some on eBay using same instructions for other cars and have had success. But I've had the original ones to get the code in the back from.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-CHEVY-GMC-SUV-TRUCK-KEY-KEYLESS-REMOTE-FOB-LHJ011-Free-Programming-/280911445707?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4167a07ecb&vxp=mtr , Heres the remotes

You must have all remotes including working ones when performing this procedure.

1. Close all doors.

2. Insert key into the ignition.

3. Press and hold the power UNLOCK button on driver's side door panel. Do not release until instructed to do so in step 5.

4. Quickly turn the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF. (ON is the position just shy of starting your vehicle, OFF is the position where you can remove your key)

5. Release the power unlock button on the driver's side door panel. The vehicle should respond by locking and unlocking automatically. If locks cycle then continue to step 6.(if the door locks begin to lock and unlock BEFORE releasing the unlock button then the vehicle has not entered programming mode and you must start over. Remove key, open door and return to step 1. If the vehicle continues to lock and unlock before releasing the unlock button then there is a problem with the vehicles system and remotes must be programmed by a certified professional. If you are unable to get the door locks to cycle then you are turning the key too quick, too slow, there's a problem with the vehicles system, or the vehicle is not equipped with a factory keyless entry system.

6. Hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote at the same time until door locks cycle again. This could take up to 30 seconds.

7. NOW repeat step 6. for all additional remotes including working ones.

8. After step 6. has been performed for all remotes TURN ignition to ON to exit programming mode.

9. Turn ignition to OFF, remove key and test all remotes.

Programming instructions

and also all 2003 - 2006 silverado(s) SS (HD, 2500, 3500 and 1500) you need the LHJ001 REMOTE

( just got the wrong ones so check

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-CHEVY-GMC-SUV-TRUCK-KEY-KEYLESS-REMOTE-FOB-LHJ011-Free-Programming-/280911445707?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4167a07ecb&vxp=mtr , Heres the remotes

You must have all remotes including working ones when performing this procedure.1. Close all doors.2. Insert key into the ignition.3. Press and hold the power UNLOCK button on driver's side door panel. Do not release until instructed to do so in step 5.4. Quickly turn the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF. (ON is the position just shy of starting your vehicle, OFF is the position where you can remove your key)5. Release the power unlock button on the driver's side door panel. The vehicle should respond by locking and unlocking automatically. If locks cycle then continue to step 6.(if the door locks begin to lock and unlock BEFORE releasing the unlock button then the vehicle has not entered programming mode and you must start over. Remove key, open door and return to step 1. If the vehicle continues to lock and unlock before releasing the unlock button then there is a problem with the vehicles system and remotes must be programmed by a certified professional. If you are unable to get the door locks to cycle then you are turning the key too quick, too slow, there's a problem with the vehicles system, or the vehicle is not equipped with a factory keyless entry system.6. Hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote at the same time until door locks cycle again. This could take up to 30 seconds.7. NOW repeat step 6. for all additional remotes including working ones.8. After step 6. has been performed for all remotes TURN ignition to ON to exit programming mode.9. Turn ignition to OFF, remove key and test all remotes.

Programming instructions

and also all 2003 - 2006 silverado(s) SS (HD, 2500, 3500 and 1500) you need the LHJ001 REMOTE

( just got the wrong ones so check

Correct on model. GM part number: 15186200

parts stores car the replacement shell and pads for like $12

And on anther note my truck did have the key fobs but the buttons looked dingy and worn. I found just a new button pad on ebay for dirt cheap.

• 6 months later...

is there a way to remove all excising remotes off and start again? i set of my keys were stolen out of my buddies car and i need to change the locks and remotes i have found a new set of keys and ignition bits off ebay but does anybody know how to wipe the old remotes and start again? thanks, hopefully someone knows the answer, or does when you programme a new remote does that wipe the old ones? thanks