Southeast SS meet / day

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't think we need to rent a track (I'm anticipating a low number of people), most tracks have a wed/fri night test and tune schedule so maybe we can hop in on one of those if some people want to get some runs in?

not yet, i havent had many replies as to where everyone would like it to be. Everyone just gives me a state which is all fine and dandy, BUT I need a venue with other things to do in the area for families. I know I would make a weekend out of it myself.

Hey Steve! I have attached the schedule for the Richmond, VA Dragway...(Great track) They charge $15.00 for your time at the track, $25.00 on certain nights. The track has V P racing fuel sold within the gates, local gas stations with unleaded fuel on the way in. Could speend a day at the track and catch a Double -AA baseball (San-Fran Giants) game that night? People might not be baseball fans, but there is plenty of time talk and get to know folks on here. This would be in April. Just a thought...... Have a great day!

-Sean

2014-Racing-Schedule Richmond, VA.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

There is a track at Chatoonoga, Tn. Can 't remember the name of it Interstate 75 runs right by it you can even see it from the Interstate. One of the largest aquariums in the U.S. Is there, Lookout Mountain Park is there, a waterfront with a dinner boat cruise. 2 1/2 hrs. On I-75 from Atlanta and probably the same from Charlotte, Chickamauga Battle Ground Park and a large winery twenty minutes away. And it in the South, Oh Coker Tire Car Museum and Restoration shop are in town and it was one of the stops on last years HotRod Magazine Power Tour, and it is in the South.

It's Brainerd Optimist Dragstrip and like so many tracks it was built in the 70's a 1/4 mile track and cars got to fast and they switched to 1/8 mile. And I forgot that Coker Tire is the old Honest Charley's Speed shop.

The dragstrip has Test N Tune on Friday nights and Bracket racing on Saturday nights.