Pros/Cons of Rhino liner

lilmarv1117

Heres my experience from having rhino liner, line X etc basically the same thing, and something similar called Reflex lining.

The Rhino liner etc will protect, but I didnt like how firm it was, anything you put in the bed will move and slid on the stuff. The cost is the other issue. I had a truck that I had the Relfex lining sprayed in and will never use anything else. It holds the same lifetime warranty, and they have color choices if you want that. The nice thing for me was that whatever you place in the bed, it will not move. The Reflex liner is almost like a rubber but strong enough to where it wont seperate and split away from the bed. It can not be removed very easily. without cutting sections of it out until the entire thing is gone. It has the ability to move very small amounts that allow it to hold and grab whatever you put in the truck.

It cost alot less than the other Rhino liner and Line X. I paid $450 for my entire bed and tailgate to be done. I would look into seeing if you have a dealer near you and you can get a first look and feel of it compared to the hard shell of the other brands out there. I have had the Reflex liner in my truck since 04 and it still looks and feels like new. I have had my 1350 GPM pressure washer back there and not a single complaint other than having to pick stuff up I put in thebed since the lienr wont allow it to slide, which was what I wanted. Otherwise its the best I have seen.

As for the plastic liners, dont even think about those. They are cheap, wont hold anything in place, crack with use and deform with hot and cold. Plus they will allow water to stay trapped under them and will cause rust, algae,mold etc to grow unless you take them out and scrub them and the bed. If you ever do decide to remove it, the top rails of your bed will be all scratched up from them.

Heres the Reflex website for some reading.

http://www.langeman.com/Reflex

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

I have a rhino liner in my bed and also on my in bed tool box and I love it. Every time I think about maybe trading or selling my truck the worst thing that comes to mind is losing the $800 box/liner combo. Also I have all the original paperwork so the bed liner (not the box liner unfortunately) has a lifetime warranty. It's a few years old and is peeling a little but at the bed rails, but I'll be getting it fixed sometime this year.

Go with a spray-in liner. the plastic drop in liners are Meh ok. they trap water and dirty and all sorts of nasty crap under them. they also rub different area's in the bed and remove the paint so when the water and crap gets in there it just starts to rust. Reason I know is because I did spray in bed liners for a few years and had to remove the drop in plastic liners to do a spray-in. In my book spay-in liners are the way to go.

the brand we sprayed was Reflex I really liked it compared to other brands on the market. I would stay away for the brand Rhino lining and line-X. I have Line-X in my truck and its very hard anything you put in the bed of the truck just slides around. Both Rhino lining and line-x are this way. the material cures so hard its almost like thick plastic so everything just slides.

Reflex is nice stuff. its a bit softer than other brands. it hold up really well unless your extremely hard on it. I'd say its great for days to day use. but I would not recommended it for a contractor or guys who a very hard on the beds of their truck. reflex has almost a rubber feel. I like it because objects you place in your bed stay put. When I sprayed it we did color matching as well. all we did was take the paint code off the truck and get a quart of paint and add it to the liner material before we sprayed it.

My truck came with the rhino liner in it when i bought it and its held up great over the years.

I know a couple of guys were talking about them spraying heavy there are a couple of spots where it was sprayed kinda heavy but its better the rust & rot.

I've seen beds with out it and its not pretty scratches , rust & drop in plastic bed liners are a beds nightmare only bad things happen between the liner and bed.

Any of the spray in bed coatings would work great you really can't go wrong

Edited by Aldofashow (see edit history)