*Elite SS Member*

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts
  • Owns:SS
  • Color:Black
  • Year:2003
  • Drivetrain:AWD

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:40 AM

I do not know too much about Rhino liners.  My Dad is looking into lining the bed of his pickup truck, but the guy he talked to was pushing him away from the Rhino liner, and towards the plastic liner.  He is looking to protect his truck bed from scratches, etc. from light to moderate seasonal hauling of tree limbs, scrubs, and household items (as needed).  I was never a big fan of the plastic liner.  From the minimal research I have done, it seems like the best way would be to do the Rhino liner for maximal protection.  I am looking for some personal experiences, professional experiences (if you do this for a living), or anything you can share on the topic to help me guide my Dad in the best direction.  Thanks!

I need to get myself a updated sig....where to start??

#2 Boosted_Silverado

Boosted_Silverado

#BecauseRaceTruck

• Supporting Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,875 posts
  • Year:2004
  • Drivetrain:2WD

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:52 AM

i would never put that crap in my bed, it fades, cracks and once you spray it on you cant remove it.

8575584419_a39df2f4ac.jpg
canadian.gif

04 RCSB Silverado - ATK 408 stroker, Holley Hi-Ram, NW 102 TB, Procharger F-1a, SDPC cnc lsa Heads, LS9 Cam, Meth, ARH 1 7/8 Headers, T-56 Magnum, Truetrac 4.56.......

Build Thread - http://www.silverado...lls-rcsb-build/

#3 battousai

battousai

SS Member

• Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Name:Ted
  • Color:Victory Red

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:53 AM

I have color matched line-x and for the 6 months I've had it, it's great. Don't have to worry about scratching it and looks better than what was under the plastic POS when I got the truck. Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

#4 canadianVRss

canadianVRss

Yeeeah buddy!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts
  • Year:2005

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:17 AM

Rhino liner... The spray in stuff right? It's good. Had mine since I bought it in 08 and who know how long before that. I've had it in literally -54C (-65.2F) and in the sun I know it's been way over +40. Never faded, never cracked and the only thing that has ever scratched/gouged it was the sharpened carbides on my snowmobile skis. I have a feeling it has to do with the prep and the manufacturer of the spray. theres a lot of rhino liner knockoffs out there.That plastic crap you put I is garbage, it looks horrible, scratches bad and isn't worth it. Just get a quality spray with a good warranty.
-2 12" 380watt RMS subs powered by a 600 RMS Sony amp-Custom sub box built by Paulguy -7" inch single din flip screen deck-styleline 2 inch cowl hood-BSER rollpan-Intimidator wing replica-OBX LT's, X-pipe, DI/DO flo pro muffler, 2 glass packs then dumped out the side-Doug's 2.5" E-cutouts -Zippy tuned-160* stat-TR6 plugs-AEM copy aluminum CAI-MSD plug wires and wire covers-L92 heads (dual patriot gold springs, patriot seals locks and comp 7.400" chromemoly pushrods)-L92 intake-LS3 90mm throttle body-torq rush 3.0 X-link-Fast 65lb injectors-224/228 .581 .588 114LSA comp cam-LS2 HD timing chain and gears-transgo HD2 shift kit with TCI billet 2nd and 4th servos-circle D 278mm single disk 3200-Tru-cool long trans cooler

#5 JF-03-SS

JF-03-SS

the 'Grinch'

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts
  • Name:Jeff

Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:30 AM

I've had Line-X in my truck from day one.......Would NEVER put a plastic drop-in liner in anything I own, they do more damage to your paint than having nothing at all.

Posted Image
//Mac CAI//Corsa Sport//SLP T-Stat//Street Tuned by ESP//

'65 C2

'03 SSS

'08 3.0R Limited

#6 kevinh

kevinh

SS Member

• Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Color:Arrival Blue

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:23 AM

I've had Line-X in my truck from day one.......Would NEVER put a plastic drop-in liner in anything I own, they do more damage to your paint than having nothing at all.

I bought my truck brand new in 2004, had it only 3 months and had Line-X sprayed into the bed. Almost 10 years old and it still looks good. They didn't have the colored Line-X when I had my bed done. I would have gone with the blue to match my truck. The Rhino liners that I've seen are thicker sprays. I liked the Line-X better.

#7 JC03SS

JC03SS

JC03SS

• Supporting Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,606 posts
  • Name:Jason

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:59 AM

Nobody here uses rhino they all swear by line X my buddy just put it in his truck and loves it
 Zippy tune,volant Cai and ram air tube, Comp cam 224/230 .581 .592 114, Circle D 3000k stall converter, Transgo HD2 shift kit,Vette servo 40k true cool max trans cooler,comp 918 springs,42lb injectors,comp cam chromoly rods,Ported throttle body,long tube pacesetters, magnaflow dual exhaust, 3" dougs cutouts, 160 t-stat, electric fans,blue 10.4mm taylor wires, shopman bowtie, 6k hids, 5 piece street sceen grill, beltech shocks escalade style gauge cluster,blue carbon fiber dipped engine covers, beltech 2 inch rear shackles, SSBC slotted rotors,Styline Cowl hood, amsoil fluids, clear headlight and bumper lights. 305/50/20 good years on chrome 20's.

Go Zippy N Send em Home. .
  Jasonsig_zpsd0558c87.jpg

#8 diggerdan11

diggerdan11

“Were Your Favorite Teams Favorite Team"

• Supporting Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,502 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:46 AM

I have never seen a bed liner fade or crack. I had one in my SS for 8 years and no issues. It was great for hauling anything in the bed. The only thing I did not like about it was mine went over the bed rails which made it almost impossible to get a cover on the bed but on the other hand it protected the bed rails very well. I'm going to get one in my new truck one of theses days because I'm sick of the plastic one I have now. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Diggerdan11.jpg

2005 Silverado SS[email protected] Performance Tune, Dual Glasspack, K&N FIPK, Smoke Tails, Smoked headlight/ corners,10000K HIDs (lows), 3000K HIDs (high), Hi-4 Mod, LED Light Bar, Painted Engine Covers, Blue LED Interior Swap, Carbon Fiber Interior Trim, Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD....and More
2003 Silverado 1500 HD- 2.5" Leveled with 33's, Nelson Performance Tune, Single 4" out Magnaflow, K&N, 4300K HIDs (lows), 3,000K HIDs (fogs), Hi-4 Mod, Pioneer AVH-X3500BHS
2005 Subaru Legacy GT- Stage I Tune, Up-pipe, 4300K HID's (lows),Sport Grill, Aux Jack Mod, XM Radio

1969 Chevelle Malibu- Restored stock with just a couple minor mods. 250hp 350
1969 Chevy C/20- Re-built 350, this is my project truck. More details to come soon.

1977 Chevy K20 Silverado Camper Special- Future Project

#9 Aldofashow

Aldofashow

*Elite SS Member*

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • Name:Alan

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:33 AM

Clear silicone spray lube will freshen up the bed liner like brand new just saying that's what the dealers use to give that just sprayed look

#10 Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary

Senior SS Member

• PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:52 AM

rhino liner is lumpy, and looks like petrified mashed taters..

line x is smoother.. ive had it in my bed for 9 years with zero issues...

#11 jovanny

jovanny

Veteran SS Member

• PipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • Name:jovanny

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:16 PM

I've had rhino on mine since 04 , If you ever go to mehico i suggest you get it there, It only cost me about 400$

03 SSS , Lowered and a little something under the hood

Sig Pic removed. Too large per site rules 700x200

#12 BlueAWDSS

BlueAWDSS

Senior SS Member

• PipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Name:Paul

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:07 PM

Line x in my bed. Not sure how long but I've had it for almost 2 years. Love it. Agreed with plastic liners. They do more damage then good. They are also known to rust beds out. Stuff gets stuck under it and trapped. Will never know unless you remove it.

Sent from my PantechP8010 using Tapatalk 2

#13 Chris

Chris

The Dude

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Color:Dark Grey Met

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

10 years of plastic in my truck. Bed looks horrid

6-11sig_zpse7c754a5.jpg
2004 GMC SIERRA 1500 EXTENDED CAB SHORT BED, DARK SPIRAL GRAY METALLIC, LQ9 6.0 LITER V-8, TUNED BY BLACK BEAR PERFORMANCE, 2.5" LEVEL, 2500HD REAR LEAFS, FLUIDYNE THERM-HX TRANS COOLER, CHROME SILVERADO SS WHEELS, VOLANT INTAKE, CORSA SPORT, 05+ E-FANS, ESCALADE GAUGE BEZEL ON SS GAUGES, DC POWER 300 AMP ALTERNATOR
BUILD: http://www.gm-trucks...formance-build/

#14 8hnpSS

8hnpSS

Your Local Pothole Dodger

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 07:50 PM

unfortunately.... my truck came with the rhino lining. it has faded a lot and is peeling in multiple areas. i never use my bed for anything either. 

2004 SS -  FLT Level 6 KR Special, Billet Output, PI 10.5 Triple Disk 2800, Corsa Sport Exhaust, OBX Longtube Headers, Torent E-fans, Tune by Kevin, Volant CAI, Tru-Cool Max Tran's Cooler - 12.411 @ 107 -- 1.6 60'  (when it was supercharged)

2010 Harley Davidson FatBoy - 1580, Vance and Hines Long Shots

2007 Tahoe LTZ - White, 24s, Projector headlights, Tints 

ssssignew_zps7da1ed8c.png

#15 blick05SS

blick05SS

*Elite SS Member*

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:11 PM

I have line x in mine and not 1 issue no fading no cracking and from what ive been told by people who spray the line x its all in the prep if everything is done correctly you wont have an issue at all

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users