2 hours @ 70mph= 140 miles

$60 of fuel at $3.50 = 17.14 gal consumed

17.14 / 140= 8.16mpg.

Now that is being generous.

If you went 55mph for 2hrs that is 110miles

$60/$3.50= 17.14

17.14/110= 5.6mpg

That was stock figuring.

Do the same math on the other numbers.... Something isn't right.

This isn't an assumption. It is what you just told us and wanted us to explain how you are getting terrible mileage. I mean better mileage after the converter "lock up"

I cant trust my avg mpg. I let my truck warm up for several minutes everytime I drive it, and my avg commute is around 2-12 miles so I ALWAYS get horrible fuel mileage, but when I do put it on the highway (rarely), my crew cab gets around 19.5-20 mpg if I take it easy and keep it at or a lil under 70. I tested it the other day with a 30 mile trip on our interstate loop after I put the headerson and it was at 19 by the time I pulled back into town...my tune has a lit to do with my city mileage being terrible because the shift points are raised some. Once heads and cam and stall go in I am sure it will suffer some. Before I got retuned the other day after the headers my mpgs had dropped to 10.

Well that escalated quickly... On a side note thanks for all the input the three options I was looking at were an STS Turbo which was like $3500 for a kit over Christmas (don't know if it still is), cam & valve train upgrade, or the supercharger. The supercharger really sounds like what I'm looking for. I didn't see too many people pushing for the turbo. I wouldn't mind doing a lot of the work myself, got a bud who might enjoy getting away from his kid for a while to turn a couple wrenches also. I don't care so much about going fast from stoplight to stoplight (which is fun occasionally) but what I do care about is having the power available when pulling the boat. BTW its a 18-1/2' Skeeter ZX190 that weighs about 3500lbs with the trailer, but I would like to upgrade to a 20'er (about 4000#s total) when my girls get old enough to go fishing with me. Additionally, because of the mil life I move a lot and the last time I moved we had the truck and boat loaded down I also don't really plan on getting rid of the truck when I upgrade to a better towing rig down the road. So having some extra horsepower to drive the truck around occasionally would be great.