15k modding budget...Any suggestions?

I've had my level 5 FLT for 8000 miles with a SS 3200 yank convertor and I'm really happy with it not one problem.

When I was searching I couldn't find one person not happy with there FLT transmission

That's what I heard to, and is what I was originally planning on putting in until 2bfast chimed in. Now after seeing this PATC site, I'm leaning toward them. They have every imaginable part on their site - crossmembers for the swap, custom made transf. cases attached to the 80e, transgo shift kits pre-installed, sweet converters, paddle shift kits, you name it and they have it. Very impressive website.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah he was busting my chops about being happy with my choice of choosing FLT.

but if your gonna spend your hard earned money do your research and go with who you feel comfortable with call all of them and get a feel of who your dealing with and what they can offer you.

Not much more I can say about that

That's what I heard to, and is what I was originally planning on putting in until 2bfast chimed in. Now after seeing this PATC site, I'm leaning toward them. They have every imaginable part on their site - crossmembers for the swap, custom made transf. cases attached to the 80e, transgo shift kits pre-installed, sweet converters, paddle shift kits, you name it and they have it. Very impressive website.

I buy some parts for my builds from them when I dont want to mess with WIT Trans. I am not sure on their builds, you dont hear to much about them. Just remember flashy websites dont always mean a good product. Not saying they dont have a good product, but dont get ahead of yourself. As far parts for the swap, yes essentially they have everything you need. BUT, if you do your research right you can find and/or make these parts for less than half than what they are asking. But they are there if you dont want to mess with it and I can understand if you dont.

I mentioned Jakes because if I was going to buy a new already assembled unit he is the one I would go to. I plan to build my own unit for my Camaro and run his killer trans brake.

Like I mentioned before, you could easily get away with running a used unit and just reprograming the valve body. You wont be making enough power to need to upgrade hard parts internally. It would be super easy to find a used unit in the metro area and it looks like you have resources to help install a shift kit.

Yeah he was busting my chops about being happy with my choice of choosing FLT.

Def not busting your chops for the choice you made as they have a great product. But def busted your chops for having Chucks nutz plastered to your chin

You have got better though I will give you that........

I knew I bought a great product before I even got it thats what a year worth of research is good for but you didn't wanna hear that do to your ignorant comments and rude behavior.

Edited by Aldofashow (see edit history)

Like you know Jon!

I mean not like you didn't put some nasty times down with a basically stock unit or anything. Lol.

Didn't it only take you a full weekend to get the swap done?

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk

lol , yeah and mine was a junk yard unit cost me $350 bucks and cam with a 4x4 transfer case that i sold for $250 so yeah got my trans for $100 plus shift kit . had my trans guy go through it to make sure it was ok and put my shift kit in, thing has never skipped a beat.if you get all your parts together swap shouldnt take longer then a day or two.

lol , yeah and mine was a junk yard unit cost me $350 bucks and cam with a 4x4 transfer case that i sold for $250 so yeah got my trans for $100 plus shift kit . had my trans guy go through it to make sure it was ok and put my shift kit in, thing has never skipped a beat.if you get all your parts together swap shouldnt take longer then a day or two.

Pure awesomeness....

I was waiting for you to chime in on this. You forgot to add that you did the harness and trans cross member yourself too. And that was before you got comfortable wrenching on the truck.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk

Goddamn John.. So are you still rocking the stock 80e with your new build??

I was looking into Jakes this morning. Very impressive write ups on their 80s. My 65e from PATC was just a waste of time and money.. Great customer service over there. Seemed to have good knowledge as well. Kinda funny though because I explained to him what I was building, and he recommended their 65e Level 7 raptor. I got it put in, full of fluid, and limped it around for a day or two. As soon as I put my foot down, something broke. They supplied a "electrostatically hardened" input shaft rather than the billet I needed. Other than that I broke a pump (my fault) and a sprag race. Not a bad tranny for the mp112 guys though! Reason I say it was a waste is because it got outclassed in less than a year. I didn't think id have a 2300 sitting on my toolbox so soon. Now 80 is the only way to go. Should have went that route from the get-go. But you live and learn.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Ok, so apparently the reason I thought PATC's prices were so good was bc their website doesn't work properly...it doesn't add all the extras to the total. I got their bid today for a stage 2 80 and converter...get this...$6,180.00 plus shipping! That price does come with the transgo shift kit installed, harness, cross member, input shaft and everything else needed for the swap. SO, I take back what I said about Jake's - his quote of $4,100.00 + 150 shipping wasn't so bad after all - although that doesn't include the shift kit, cross member or harness.