15k modding budget...Any suggestions?

Awesome info...thanks everyone. The truck isn't my DD, but I'm sure I'll probably be driving it a lot after work and esp. on weekends...Hell, it's pretty quick right now with the setup that's on it. I can only imagine what it'll be like after it's supercharged! I def. want something that's streetable on one hand, but I think I would be happy if it did, let's say mid 11's ...that would be my goal.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It will depend on what exactly Youre building it for daily driver or all out. With 15gs total that sounds like a nice daily driver. So if I were you I would get a good idea of what you are going to want. Turbo, supercharger, prochargers nitrous whatever it is then once you decide that get the heads cam and intake that will go well with that setup. With the heads cam and intake alone you should be making around 500hp depending on what route you choose. Then with the power adder the hp should jump.

If I had that budget at one time instead of piecing my build together over 8 years I would spend 15K just like this....

TVS2300- $6500-$7000

4L80E tranny- $3000-$4000

75 shot nitrous and fuel system upgrades- $2000

Smaller pulley for 15-20PSI and 8rib kit- $1000-$1500

90mm upgrade- $500

With this you will be in low 11's in the quarter for sure if not knocking high 10's.... Stock motor can handle it just make sure the tune is spot on....

And if you're looking for 11s it that is easy with a 125 shot and heads cam intake setup on these trucks you would spend around 5gs for that setup and be in the 11s. But stuff breaks along the way like transmission so you might just need the 4L80E but thats a heavy beast from what I hear.

It will depend on what exactly Youre building it for daily driver or all out. With 15gs total that sounds like a nice daily driver. So if I were you I would get a good idea of what you are going to want. Turbo, supercharger, prochargers nitrous whatever it is then once you decide that get the heads cam and intake that will go well with that setup. With the heads cam and intake alone you should be making around 500hp depending on what route you choose. Then with the power adder the hp should jump.

I think the heads, cam, intake and a FLT 4L80e-5 would be a great start with the end goal of adding a ProCharger or Maggie to all of that at some point if the 15k won't cover it right now. I for sure want to build the truck right and wouldn't want to go back to the engine internals. I guess my next decision is what kind of heads, cam and, disregarding cost for labor, which is better the Maggie or ProCharger.

If I had that budget at one time instead of piecing my build together over 8 years I would spend 15K just like this....

TVS2300- $6500-$7000

4L80E tranny- $3000-$4000

75 shot nitrous and fuel system upgrades- $2000

Smaller pulley for 15-20PSI and 8rib kit- $1000-$1500

90mm upgrade- $500

With this you will be in low 11's in the quarter for sure if not knocking high 10's.... Stock motor can handle it just make sure the tune is spot on....

Thanks, but why do you like the Maggie instead of the Pro?

You will probably be alright with the transfer case I hear these things can handle some power. As for the setup you should go Procharger. Maybe a D1? Get some L92 heads ported with maybe a Vic Jr? Or LSXR plenum some people like the holley high ram intake plenty of good choices. On thats as for the stall and cam you are definitely going to want a 3600 stall at least! Cam I'm not so good with boost cams

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

I also like the Maggie. When I get one it will be the 2300. I like the low end power they make off idle. You can make plenty of power with one. It's all in opinion's this is just mine. I like the sound as well.

You cannot beat the sound of a Maggie whining down the road. Then when you think it can't get any better go into a tunnel and stomp on it again. You will be smiling from ear to ear and pissing off old ladies at the same time. (Don't ask me how I know this...lol)