15k modding budget...Any suggestions?

Hello gentlemen and ladies possibly, I recently bought an '04 SSS off the Forum here and have a scheduled freight delivery for Dent Guy's custom painted cowl hood and shaved gate. Now all I need is the speed to back up the looks of the truck! The previous owner has already done the following mods -

Performance: Corsa Sport, Dyantech LT's W/ Cats, Wheatley Custom
Tune, NGK TR55, MSD 8.5mm Plug Wires, Volant CAI, SLP Stat, Custom Tune,
Transgo HD2-C, Vette Servos, FLT Aluminum Accumulator Pistons, C5 Deep
Transmission Pan

Exterior: 2" Drop, Carriage Works 5-piece
grill, Street Scene Bowtie, Bed Rug, Soft Tonneau, Silverstars, Factory
matched tinted windows, Antenna delete, SS Bowtie hitch cover... Too
many coats of Zaino!

I have 15k for the modding right now but will need to have a good shop do the build for me since the extent of my automotive skills would be a brake job! ...So, if anyone knows a good shop in the Kansas City area, please let me know.

I would be very grateful to anyone who could suggest exactly what I should do to the truck with my budget...it has only 29k original miles on it now. Thanks!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well if I had $15k to spend on a truck with those current mods. I would first get a built 4l80e transmissions and slapp a Maggie supercharger on her. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Why Maggie and not a ProCharger?

Look up Brad (2bfast) on here. He's not a shop but he had one of the cleanest SS's on here and is local to you.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Its Brian fyi lol

15k in mods =

-4l80 swap

-turbo or supercharger

-fuel system

And your out of money cause your not doing the work your self.

Well if I had $15k to spend on a truck with those current mods. I would first get a built 4l80e transmissions and slapp a Maggie supercharger on her. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Why Maggie and not a ProCharger?

A ProCharger will work as well. I agree that if your not mechanically inclined a Maggie may be a lot easier to install.

You could also look into a nice turbo setup. You can get a rear mount or a front mount. The issue with the front mount is you will be losing your headers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Get a serious motor and 4l80 swap and save more money and add to that

That's what I was thinking too! My brother is store Mgr. for Firestone, has an acct. w/Chevy and can get a great price off MSRP. I was looking at the LS 376/480 crate engine for about the same cost as a ProCharger installed

A ProCharger will work as well. I agree that if your not mechanically inclined a Maggie may be a lot easier to install. You could also look into a nice turbo setup. You can get a rear mount or a front mount. The issue with the front mount is you will be losing your headers. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

What would make more hp though a ProCharger or Tubro setup?

For the ease of things I'd go with a Blower/Supercharger if it were me and didn't do a lot of the work myself. either of the above brand will net you great power. What is the over all goal from the truck. I would over build now. I have set a goal for my truck a few different times. once I reached that goal I always wanted more. I always wanted something faster. I have never had a supercharger only ran turbo's a love them but they do requirer a bit of upkeep from time to time. If I ever decide to go the supercharger route I like to try a ProCharger kit.

You will need to either upgrade to a different trans or build your current one. a stock 4l60E is just a ticking time bomb IMO when adding boost. or any real power adders.

A ProCharger will work as well. I agree that if your not mechanically inclined a Maggie may be a lot easier to install. You could also look into a nice turbo setup. You can get a rear mount or a front mount. The issue with the front mount is you will be losing your headers. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

What would make more hp though a ProCharger or Tubro setup?

Most the the bolt non kits are about the same when it comes to HP. Turbo people will say Turbos are the best Supercharger people will say Superchargers are the best. The easiest option is a Maggie because its basically a bolt on. A turbo setup requires more welding and custom work.

In personally was planning on a turbo setup before I sold my SS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Welcome to the club. To me it all depends on what your gonna use it for? DD or weekend Warrior. Me personally I'd built a engine for a tvs2300. I'd build one that would be very streetable. Back it up with an 80e like suggested above. You could have the best of both worlds.