2015 ZO6!!!

LMAO C7 stingrays in the 70s??? We have them around here for low to mid 60s for all the goodies and the ZL1 are in the low 50s. If you shop at the right dealer a ZL1 can be had under 50K.

I don't understand why anyone would ever get a ZL1 unless you were just a RB with money to burn for the vin number and badging... All a ZL1 is, is a 6.2L (same as in the SS) but superchrged and a few little other parts and its almost 20K more... I would take a SS Camaro and spend 6K or 4K on a used TVS2300 pulley down and make more HP than a ZL1... and have 14-16K left over to cam, heads, nitrous, anything LOL

Same goes for the vettes.... Why buy a ZR1 when I can buy a stingray and supercharge it for less than 10K and make 600+HP... I understand you may be paying for lighter weight but I beleive the stingray has come along way to be close in weight to the ZR1

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

I don't understand why anyone would ever get a ZL1 unless you were just a RB with money to burn for the vin number and badging... All a ZL1 is, is a 6.2L (same as in the SS) but superchrged and a few little other parts and its almost 20K more... I would take a SS Camaro and spend 6K or 4K on a used TVS2300 pulley down and make more HP than a ZL1... and have 14-16K left over to cam, heads, nitrous, anything LOL

Same goes for the vettes.... Why buy a ZR1 when I can buy a stingray and supercharge it for less than 10K and make 600+HP... I understand you may be paying for lighter weight but I beleive the stingray has come along way to be close in weight to the ZR1

There is a litle more to the ZL1 and the ZR1 than just a supercharger. There are major upgrades to the suspesion.

When you buy an ZL1 or ZR1 you are paying for much more than just more HP.

There is a litle more to the ZL1 and the ZR1 than just a supercharger. There are major upgrades to the suspesion.

When you buy an ZL1 or ZR1 you are paying for much more than just more HP.

Yea....almost 2 grand in 80 treadwear rubber is just a start...the ZR1 is an amazing car, ran an incredible lap in Germany because of its amazing handling and its ability to shock most people by putting 638 horses to the ground effectively in a relatively light rwd coupe. ZL1 is a really nice car, but I am not super impressed with heavy camaros....the Z/28 on the other hand is a really cool purpose built car that I can dig.

Anyways this article seems oddley scewed cause i know the ZR1 is faster than claimed and has better Et's- http://twinrev.com/cars/Chevrolet-Corvette-ZR1-vs-Chevrolet-Corvette-Stingray but if it is true here are some things I took under consideration-

Sorry to sound so Trolly, I am not a complete oblivious idiot thinking The ZR1 just has a bigger motor. Lets compare it to the new Stingray, I understand alot of R&D went into the ZR1 and Stingray but for literally twice as much $$$ and thats not talking a 30k car vs a 60k its a 59k vs 107k which darn near 50k more for a smaller displacment FI motor, some better rims, and some suspension upgrades... For me give me a stingray and 50 extra thousand dollars and I will build you a Corvette that will destroy the ZR1 in the quarter mile and more than likley a road course... And for your information the Stingray in this article claims is already almost a FULL second faster in the 1/4 at 12s flat vs 12.8 ZR1 weird :wtf: .... I don't know why the ZR1 is so slow in the 2009 modle I read on cause the 2008 claimed high 10's

Some key stats here that I based my previous thought above: The Stingray has a bigger N/A displacment motor producing 450hp @ 6000rpms vs smaller displacment FI 638hp @ 6500 while both producing the same amount of TQ at 465ftlbs @4600rpms... Like said previously pulley down and procharge or the Same TVS the stingray and get close to 650-675hp and close to 600-650ftlbs of TQ at a cost of under 7K... The weight of the two are nearly identical with the stingray less than 100lbs more at 3444 VS ZR1 at 3350... You like those sweet tires? Ok, 2K bam bringing me up to 9K total for traction needs and FI LOL... But wait those sweet tires are smaller than the Stingrays hmmm 335 vs 510's or so i read which seems it would be huge LOL on the stingray with same rim and tire heigth... I am still 100% sure That with my extra 41K left in my pocket I can rework the suspension to identical if not better than the ZR1... So for me all in my own personal evaluation of these two beautiful god creations of American muscle, you are just buying the Vin and Badging and whatever pointless selling points they may have that makes the ZR1 more appealing to the ultra rich... To me its all about performance rather than you got a Z06 or stingray but I have a more expensive so it s better ZR1 LOL... Oh and to pour salt on the wounds the Stingray gets almost 9 more mpgs than the ZR1 so basically faster in the 1/4 and better mpgs ... enjoy :troll:

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

I read your whole post, and im not taking a side, what sticks out in your analysis, both are the SAME displacement. Yes the ZR1 has a TVS2300, the C7 is direct injected not the port injection used on the LS of the C5 and C6. Im sure for the same money and aftermarket support you can be faster, but the C6 ZR1 had some nice body wofk to it that I liked, but the new direct injected LT1 has beast like potential that has yet to be unlocked.

The displacment thing kinda brings me to the topic of the ford lightning vs SSS stock vs stock... LOL The lightning used a smaller displacment CI motor and slapped a supercharger on it to make up for the smaller cubes to be faster, but if chevy did the same thing it would be a lightning eater and a SRT-10 killer... then there is curb weight arguments and so on LOL.... In the end the two vettes are designed the way they are for a reason and I am sure the GM engineers had there reasons behind there decisions... No sides need to be taken... The only point I was trying to make is you don't have to buy the most expensive vette or camaro on the planet to build one faster for much cheaper... If I had endless amounts of money I would'nt hesitate to buy the ZR1 or ZL1 and rework that to make it untouchable... They are indeed awesome cars and I am not hating any of them... I am just blessed to even have my SSS built the way it is with my merger salary... :cheers:

I think the torque numbers are purposely set on the zr1 because of traction, even with PS2s. it is 2lbs lighter per hp than the c7 and with almost 200 more horses. Unfortunately the only thing that the zr1 lacks (if you really consider it lacking in any department) is the amazing differential that the c7 z51 has. The zr1 was purpose built to be a poor mans exotic that can run road courses with the big dogs. It was lightened, built strong enough to eclipse 200mph, and fitted with unbelievable brakes. GM laid the groundwork for an ungodly incarnation of a car when the created the C7, the differential is what makes it shine and when they add 200 horses to it and badge it with a ZR there is going to be a new contender for fastest production car at the little racetrack in Germany. The decision to purchase a pre-ZR/Z0 C7 vs a C6 ZR1 shouldnt be a difficult one, get the one that will be a collectors item (especially if another ls9 is never dropped into another vehicle ever again), c7 z51's will be all over the place before long. Plus there is an exclusivity that comes with owning a ZR1, sort of like for those lucky guys have a SSS, they were only made for a short period of time and if kept in good condition they will have a good value later down the road.