243 heads stage 2.5 or stage 3?

I'm really looking for some 243 ported heads but really can't find any for a 1000 or below. So I am considering getting some Texas Speed PRC CNC stage 2.5 but without the springs and retainers and keepers which should lower the price a bit from 1500. Also maybe even get the stage 3 depending on the price with the valves only. But will these heads still have my compression ratio at about 11.4 because I'm not looking for 12. Trying to keep it in the gas friendly zone not trying to go 3mpg lol thanks ahead of time

your talking about their 2.5 5.3 cnc program? From what i remember I think that program only flows a tad better than a stock 243 and will put your compression way up there. Why not get the 317's ported and milled? PTV shouldnt be an issue unless you mill the crap out of them. your thinking of the best bang for the buck for some flow and compression, if im reading your mind right...?!? :uhoh:

That's still pretty high for the street. I'd pick flow over compression anyday. You will want some heads to flow but how they flow depends on your end goals charecteristics. Best best is to call around for prices and flow #s of their program. Larger valves would help a lot. Do you already have a particular cam in mind already?

I have a LSr cam with tbss intake and ls3 throttle body 46lb injectors with 3600 stall and LT headers and cai. I also considering a lsxrt if I can't find any 243s and just wait for a good deal on some 243s. Goal: Beast all motor daily driver.

I guess I will call and see how much for the stage 1 and 2.5 then without the springs and such. Also transmission might be coming out soon because it slipping a bit the other day it stayed in 2 gear until like 4000rpms and then shifted really hard oh well its alright we will probably build it this time for 500hp and 450tq but depending on what's left I will go with the stage 1 or 2.5

• 4 weeks later...

Yo! Lol another question what's up with the "PTV" clearance piston to valve I don't know exactly how that works if anyone could just give me a simple explanation. Thanks I have 7.4 hardened push rods, 235 243 621 624 113 cam, soon to be 243 ported heads no milling, idk what gaskets to use just yet. Stock bottom end lq9

Putty? Don't think ill be doing that man I think there is some simple math calculations to be done and once I figure that equation ill be good!

Your math would assume that all your measurements are the same at every point, which they will not be. That is like saying the piston will be above deck height .008" everywhere. The machine work isnt true enough to insure that will be the case.

Use the putty method. That is the way that it is done.

You stating your pushrod length really doesn't matter. You will have to measure for the proper pushrod after you install the new heads.

Edited by Sprayed99 (see edit history)