07 Classic SS under hood same as the 03-06?

I'm looking at an ebay auction for the newest style volant cai box with the dry style filter and the "acrylic viewing window". When i check vehicle compatibility it is a go for the 07 SS but not my 03. Kinda thought they were the same as both are NBS (of course the 07 has the elec fans).

Anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks

Also, on a side note. What does a throttle body spacer actually do? I see volant makes one but i don't see the point of it.

Edited by NipRing (see edit history)

yes thats why its saying that. 03 did not have E-fans, and usually the air intake tube is shaped differently on the clutch fan trucks, as there is less room. yes the air box will fit, but the air intake tube most likely will not.

oh and what jason said ^^^ TB spacers are a gimmick, trust me. make no difference in power, response, any of that shit they claim. adds a really annoying whistle that sounds like a big vacuum leak too :lol:

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)

i have seen two different volant intake hoses... at least get a picture of said kit your looking at. some earlier volant kits used the same tube from clutch fan kits, but later on they started using larger tubes that would not fit. but like JC03SS said, just buy another kit that you know for sure fits, so theres no he said she said and guessing involved. returns arent always easy and arent fun lol

Looks like that one is for the 07+ 900 series trucks. Not the right part for your truck

screen-capture-64_zpseb68a48e.jpg

According to this web page (ebay auction), it fits the 07 SS. Thats why i wanted to know what makes the 07 and 03 under hood different.

Well you asked about 07c. This is the full 07 body run of the new body. And the big difference for the 2 kits is the tube. Our trucks suck metered air through the throttle body. The newer trucks pill from the tube. Also they use a whole different style MAF

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro