silver paint for grille inserts?

bassmaster

Thanks guys!! And I know there's some sort of modding that needs to be done in order to run the fogs, but I Havnt looked into it yet really

There is really no modding to run fogs. You should already have the wiring for them near the front sway bar closest to the side of the front bumber cover. they are hidden and tucked up. All you will need once you have the foglight housings is a a new cargo light and fog switch. Some metal straight brackets that you can bend and some nuts and bolts. I did my entire foglight setup in about an hour and thats with cutting the metal brackets to proper length.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks dudes!

And yeah your right. I looked it up last night, didnt realize it was that simple. When I heard you needed to make a bracket I pictured something more than a straight bar lol also didn't know we had fog wiring till last night.. Score!!

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

• 5 months later...

Hey its not my idea, I seen a few pictures floating around like in the OP and loved it, so you're in the same boat I was haha since this is bumped I'll grab some pics tomorrow to update its current state after the several months of driving

Exactly, and I'm all for contrast. I'm not a 'murdered out' kinda guy. Plus it really ties the silver wheels and emblems in nicely along with cleared heads. I love it. Still waiting to get my bowtie painted black w/ silver outline.

Hell I like the silver blending so much that I don't even really want to put on the set of chrome 20x9 preds I've had sitting in the garage for a couple months :lol:

I am not the murdered out fan either, but their are some very tasteful redrummed trucks on here.

Like stated it ties the rest of the truck together. I think in person it somewhat is, but when these new paints show the difference its night and day (I can only imagine in person). I love that black bowtie with the outline, but I have plans on keeping mine gold colored, with a twist. Just need a shopman1 bowtie to find f/s as I missed the previous g/s.

Same here I'm not a murdered out guy ether. That's why I like this so much. Please do so we can see how its help up that was my next question for you. are you still happy with how it looks?

I'd love a shopman tie but way too pricey for me. Anyway, I snagged some pics..

Top upper grille is fine, only very tiny chips if any

jysapasy.jpg

The top lower grille is still pretty good, this is the worst spot on it

emuge3eg.jpg

ubuvudeq.jpg

The lower valance grille takes a pretty big beating though from rocks and what not I suppose. Sorry this one didn't focus, but you can make out just a bunch of tiny chip spots

a6a5anyn.jpg

y9apa7yd.jpg

But not reall noticeable from any sort of distance

a8uvuven.jpg

4a7umupy.jpg

y2y6egaz.jpg

So yes I'm still super stoked on how it looks. One of my favorite things I've done so far. If I did it all again, I think I would go for a little brighter silver maybe, or just not a flat clearcoat. That dulled it a little. This pops good, but I seen others reallyy POP, like this.. Hngggg

utegybeq.jpg

Edited by bassmaster (see edit history)

• 8 years later...