part 4 testing is over - part 5 suggestions?

We completed part 4 testing. I think you'll be happy with the results (to be posted later). I'm looking for suggestions for a potential part 5. My initial thoughts are brake upgrade and possibly suspension. If you have a brake upgrade preference or suspension upgrade preference please post here. I want to hear the negative opinions regarding brake and suspension upgrades too (you can always PM me if you don't want to post here).

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SS brake lines.

better pads and fluid

possible rotor swap-but I think that this site will show that just the pads and lines might enough or similar in gains

lighter wheels?

How about run your tester against an STS truck?

:driving:

i would think a sway bar upgrade with QA1's for suspension. as for brakes, i agree that stainless braided lines along with a pad and rotor upgrade would be nice to see. how about some electric fan's? (i don't recall if your truck already had them). any chance of a rocker arm upgrade? i see SLP has been advertising their kit for trucks....

as for running the blown ss against an STS truck, is there one out there to run with him?

It would be nice to "see" the results from a brake upgrade, but I think it would only be worth it if you could show comparisons to fluid/lines upgrade vs a big rotor upgrade. Not sure if that is possible though. The belief is, it's better to get the lines/fluid over buying something like an Eradispeed +1 upgrade.

I like Zippy's idea on suspension/shocks stuff. Are you guys able to put a meter on the truck to measure Gs? I'm sure Mr. Hotchkis would be happy to come out and personally test his products on your truck in a slalom. He does it for just about everything else.

Running that truck against a STS truck would show nothing, unless the STS truck has had similar mods throughout the truck. There is enough data comparing the two in the times list.

I know N20 is a killer power maker.... but having to fill the damn bottles all the time is a major drag. And what if you call on the power in a heated moment, and find out it's empty, double bummer.

That's why I would agree with the Baer Aluma Sport brake upgrade, or a supercharger bolt on. It's always gonna be there, ready to do whatever it was designed to.

The brake upgrade, and suspension upgrades are going to help a great deal, just not on the drag strip.

Everyday driveability gains will probably be more popular for the majority of SS owners, after all they bought a truck, and trucks aren't commonly known for their 1/4 mile times, or corner carving abilities anyway.

What about showing the masses exactly what you can do for say 5000.00 over the price of the truck? You know, the biggest bang for the bucks, or the most areas of improvement? :chevy:

Archived