Energy Suspension

Mr.Scary

ok folks. .need some advice

im doing my 2/4 drop.. in doing so, after 160,000 + miles on the truck, pulling the front end apart, I notice its REALLY time to replace some old parts.

in short, the control arms are good, but the bushings are shot.. i want to do the energy suspension ones in the stock arms, after i get the arms cleaned up.

can anyone confirm this is the right kit.. and if so, do i need to order one of these, or two? for some reason im thinking this is per side, and not in total.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ens-3-3190r/applications

also, any help locating the following bolts. (trying to find the CORRECT parts).. the 3 bolts that hold the spindle to the wheel bearing, and the two bolts that hold the upper control arms in.. (i may have to cut those upper bolts off the truck, as they are pretty much seized in there).. those upper bolts are not 'regular' bolts as they have that flat part that i think is used to hold the guide for the camber..

any help\advice would be great.. oh, also, need the specific right part number for the sway bar endlinks... i have to replace those too

I have done the energy suspension a arm bushings. I would also buy new upper bolts. they also have you reuse the upper sleeve's I'm not really sure I agree my sleeves were rusted I didn't have a choice but to reuse them seems replacing the upper a arms would be a better choice then doing what there asking. I would do your lower bushings and save the uppers buy upper a arms then swap for the better bushings for floating front bushings the stock rubber kinda have spring to them when tightened down like stuck in one spot where the energy ones free float. you can only buy the lower ball joints from the dealer so the upper arm will also come with that. When removing the old bushings I found torching them out was easyer then trying to pry or cut them out a little map gas works wonders PM me if you have any more Q&A

aldo, thanks for that!

my plan is to cut the upper bolts, as close to the frame as i can, then punch out whats left.

im hoping not to into anything important,, we'll be using a cut off wheel for it.

if i can, maybe ill get someone to sand blast the old bolts so they are as clean as i can for anything i can save.

One thing that made me go 'damn' was the drivers side upper control arm has a bracket on it, held by a 10mm bolt for the brake hose.. that bolt snapped.

so , looks like ill drill that and go got a self tapping bolt for that hole\hose\bracket.

3.3190 is the part number for the bushing kit.. not sure what the end link part number is just yet.

That same bolt broke on me as well not a fun task. my upper a arm bolts were not that bad to get out its the sleeve they go through that they want u to reuse that I wish they gave a new one with the kit it looked pretty beat up at 140000 miles that's why I would do the lower ones first until you get new upper a arms then use them in the new a arms after removing the new rubber ones since the sleeve is new. Unless you can get a new sleeve made then you would be all set but I couldn't go without my truck so I was forced to reuse. IMHO the oem ball joints are the best ones you can get the uppers only come with the a arms rock auto does sell a ac delco upper ball joints that are as close to stock as you can get without the whole a arm that's the ones I got no problems as of yet but when all said and done the best way to install the energy kit for the best results is get new upper a arms and bolts and do lower ball joints and bushings that's what I would do if I was to do it again

already ordered the new sway bar end links, front end bushing kit, might stop at the dealer on the way home for the control arm bolts, and maybe hit oreilly's for 2 of these ..

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/MOO0/ES3609/03448.oap?year=2003&make=Chevrolet&model=Silverado%2B1500%2BHD&vi=1412097&ck=Search_03448_1412097_4018&pt=03448&ppt=C0203

Look at moog also. They make a harder bushing piece. I have both on my truck. finding right energy part was a pain. Moogs are much simpler to order at my local auto store. http://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MOOG-K7275 or what ever part you need

Edited by evand (see edit history)

ok boys.. i got bushings and endlinks orderd, or here.. along with the proper tie rod end links..

so my next question is.. on the lower control arm.. where the front shock mounts, there's a bushing...

where do i find a replacement?

would this one fit?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACDelco-45G9343-Front-Shock-Bushing-/300971377286?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ASilverado+1500&hash=item46134ac286&vxp=mtr#ht_1058wt_1255