TSP 224/228 111lsa cam. Anyone running this cam?

I've searched for a cam for quite a while and after calling around and getting a few cam recommendations from manufacturers I think I've decided to go with a TSP comp 224/228 111lsa. My question is whether you agree with the cam grind for a SS. I have all the bolt ons plus a hardened parts rebuilt trans with a zippy shift kits and a 2800 stall. It's an 06' 2wd with the stock 3:73 gears. The tech at Texas Speed said the 224/228 would be a good mid range cam with good idle quality. He recommended the 111lsa for the lope and said that that lsa would bring the power band in a little sooner then the regularly recommended 112 or 114 lsa. What's you guys take on the situation?

Goal: make it faster, but it's my DD. no towing.

Agreed it will lope pretty good, but other wise I think you would really like the way it will run. Id recommend a 3400 stall converter though for best performance, but what you have will still work fine.

GI.SS- I noticed you have a 2wd also, mine smokes the tires with part throttle launches. Do you have the same problem? I was thinking that if i went with a bigger verter (3200+) that it would make it even worse considering the power gain from the cam. The tech at TSP mentioned it to me thats why he recommended that lsa with the tq that i already have. Whats your take?

CHPSPECIAL- i lived right down the street from you when i was stationed at NAB. i lived off of Olympic by the mall. I saw your truck a couple of times but never got to meet up with anyone at Qualcom for the 1/8th mile races.

MuggSS- How is that 228 for low end torque? That was my first choice but the 224/228 was recommended a couple of times.

I dd my truck and yes I can roast the tires off but you learn to make it work for you. Get yourself some cal tracs and some adjustables and it will

Help you a ton. I absolutely love my stall. She's really loose too. Sure someone can build you a tighter converter in a larger stall. I wanted mine to hit hard so mine is really loose. I think after you put the cam in you will want a larger converter. Night and day difference.

Fireman31- how much trans work have you had done since the cam and converter install? running slicks or drag radials giving you a problem?

My trans was already built long before the cam install. Originally I was running a 3000 stall with the cam, but it wasn't a good match, so I upgraded to a 3400 stall, which matches the cam better. I have drag radials, but its hard to draw any conclusions about traction as I only have a handful of passes down the track since the cam went in. Traction trouble with street tires is a given....