Should I switch or stay?

Bnax

My SSS has 97,xxx miles on it. I have put about 3,000 miles on the truck since I bought it so I am coming up on my first oil change.

The dealer I got the truck from had records for the last 3 years for the truck and it had Pennzoil synthetic blend the entire time.

At this point is there any real plus to changing out to full synthetic?

Or would switching out to full synthetic just raise my chances of developing and oil leak?

Thanks for any input on this

Brandon

Edited by Bnax (see edit history)

Leaks sometimes occur because regular oil causes the seals to expand more than the synthetic does. So switching to full synthetic, the seals will not expand as much as previously. In your case, switching from synthetic to full synthetic won't cause any leak problems I think.

oil is oil. there is no hidden secret behind any of them. synthetic oil just doesn't break down like conventional does which is why some advertise high change intervals. switching to synthetic can also save you some money cause you can go longer intervals. if you DD your truck and dont abuse it to badly id say you can get atleast 5-6000 out of a change

I've had good success with AMSOIL. I liked it enough to become a dealer, so I could get it cheap for myself and my friends. I've sold to a few prople on here too and never had any complaints, lol. If you'd like me to get you a quote, shoot me a PM.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

The oil is just really a way of delivering the additives. The API ( American Petroleum Institute ) rates the additive package, they're all the same ( no need for mobile 1 ) / that being said you do want real oil like ,Valvoline, Coastal, Castrol, ect. Penzoil is paraffin (wax) based and turns into slug faster than the others ( especially if it sets ) / IMO flush your engine and give it a LOF ( lube oil filter )

Edited by madza teck (see edit history)