Baby seat in ex cab truck

Thatdavidkid

I've got a 7 month and he has to face rearward in the truck, but all of the child seats have him basically sitting straight up instead of slightly reclined like its supposed to be. My question is what do any of you do for child seats? Once he can face forward it'll be fine but the angle of the seat won't let me fix it.

I've got a 7 month and he has to face rearward in the truck, but all of the child seats have him basically sitting straight up instead of slightly reclined like its supposed to be. My question is what do any of you do for child seats? Once he can face forward it'll be fine but the angle of the seat won't let me fix it.

I have twin 5 month old girls. I have to look at the brand seats we have. I know they are only good up to like 30 pounds. It really sucks to have one in the middle and one on the right side. My passenger seat is VERY close to the dash. SO I went down and bought a used crew cab. LOL

I actually put a 1x2 under the back lip of the car seat to achieve a better angle. It was long enough to stretch over the seat from door to middle hump. Worked like a charm. That was in an Infiniti FX35, which had rear bucket seats, that the car seat just sunk into. The rear seat of an Extended Cab is probably not as deep, but still should work.

We also turned Monster around at one year. That was last year's national standard, 1 year and 25 pounds. Monster was too big, and his legs were getting sqwished facing rearward.

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

I rolled up some carpet padding and put it under the car seats for my twin boys. It keeps it from sliding and you can take a piece of lumber and adjust the angle of the seats by where it is placed inside the foam. Worked great. Now I won't let them ride in the SS because they are big enough and smart enough to try and destroy stuff.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

I bought a crew cab because nobody could ride in my passenger seat of my 98 sierra because I had to have the seat all the way forward as far as it would go. Mine son is only 6 months old but we switched to a rear facing car seat the sets him up more. he's already 21lb's and outgrew his first car seat. with this seat there is a lot more room but I still put him in the middle of the rear seat because they say its the safest.

The child seat I bought had a recline for rear facing. My wife says she thinks the brand is safety first. It fits in my ext cab. I'm going to look it up.

Ok, it is something like this:

http://safety1st.djgusa.com/en/djgusa/safety1st/convertible-car-seats/guide-65-convertible-car-seat-cc078bnd--1

But we got it at Wal-Mart for $20 or less. Don't know of it was on sale or what. Still using it as my little girl is almost 2 and right at 30lbs.

Edited by Grocery Getter (see edit history)

Im pretty sure at 7 months my son was in his infant carrier which had a base we installed which made it rear facing. At 18 months he went front facing in an actual carseat. he rides in middle like others have said. To help with right angle we use a blanket rolled up.

We were in the same boat as you David. I'm 6'5" and shes 5'9"ish or taller so our kiddo pretty much has to ride in the middle of the back seat if we take the SSS anywhere. Before I bought the crew cab dmax and we had our son rear facing I did the same as some others have said, a rolled up towel under the front of the car seat worked well for us. Our car seats have two different positions for the back rest and even with it in the reclined position he was still sitting almost straight up. Now that he's 13 months old and sitting forward facing we still keep him in the middle if we take the SS because he's so effing tall, almost 36" already at only 13 months! If we are in the dmax he can sit on either side but we still normally keep him in the middle so he can see both of us and more of whats going on, along with the screen in the dash so we can play movies for him if he starts to get cranky on longer car rides. Id try the rolled up towel or some padding wrapped around a 2x4, should help out quite a bit!