5/8 Too low for daily driver?

Thing1

I was going to post this in suspension but figured its more of a general question so I chose here instead. The 2/4 was great until the other weekend another single cab with a 4/6 drop on chrome SS wheels parked next to me and made my 2/4 look like a stock height truck :angry:... I was shooting for a 4/7 so it would sit level but my friend kept telling me 5/8 it. First I thought he is crazy, but the more I thought about it how much worse could it be than driving a 4/7? I'm sure by doing this it will actually sit two inces lower rather than 1 like you would think because of the tire downsize, but I've never seen a truck 5/8 in person to know how low it really is. So I figure I would ask for you guys opinion, I've already priced kits out and am ready to make a purchase. I just don't wanna go 4/7 and wish I went lower or go 5/8 and hate life because I scrape going over every bump in the road. I just want to be as low as I can be and still daily drive it, I drive on the highway and out of town some too so keep in mind I may hit some nasty dips going 75 mph lol. Let me know what you guys think!

Here's a picture of the guy parked next to me, 4/6 drop on 275/45/20s, I'm 2/4 on 285/50/20.

2a5hrfd.jpg

34yqs81.jpg

I think the real question you should be asking yourself is "are my local roads 5/8 friendly?" Having a rough/stiff riding truck is one thing, damaging it is another.

^^^^Well said. This has had me pondering the 2/2 or 2/3 static drop w/leafs. And so far the only answer is Bilstein shocks or new z60's due to terrible road conditions in certain parts near me. I saw pictures of a 5/5 drop on a SSS, looked bada$$....as always though the region will determine what you will need and what is best suitable for you and the truck.

The roads here aren't horrible but aren't perfect either... Main roads are decently smooth while some neighborhoods and side roads have dips. I'm not worried about going up driveways, more worried about scraping down the street lol. If anyone is familiar with Lubbock TX I live near there and that's about what it's like in my town.

Edited by Thing1 (see edit history)

if you live in a generally flat area it'll be easy to daily that. I'm going to 5/7 right away with my truck maybe 5/8 and I live in an area that's got a decent amount of hills, and ramps and such. You learn to drive adjusted to being low like this, it's not THAT bad like everyone says. Just can't hop curbs or park by feel anymore. No big deal. I'm also not a wimp :P

Listen to this man^^ he knows his shit..thats where I got my control arms for my 4wd

haha he didn't even really say anything, he just showed a 5/8 truck lol.

that grey truck he drove daily in san francisco. Hills/potholes etc and had no issues.

What I usually do for my customers is get the djm 5 inch upper and lower a arns and use a 1 inch spacer and then in rear use the 6 inch flip. If they decide they want to go lower later i just pull the 1 inch spacer out and in rear add shackles and your done