Favorite college football team or teams

Link2603

The other thing I forgot to mention is How i really don't care for Saban. All i ever here from him is complaining about the fast pace offense and how it should be outlawed. When talk started about a possible Alabama and Oregon natty, he went to the press talking about the fast offense and how its causing injuries. I think he was just jealous since his his players are not even close to being in as good of shape as Oregon's. Every opponent that has faces Oregon (Or other speed offenses) had had to make adjustment in order to keep up, this means rotating in players which I believe is a good thing for the sport. The more people get playing time the better. Alabama losses this year both came to teams who were in better shape, and who ran the hurry up offense.

The hurry up is the future of college football. How long it will last who knows. If Saban had his way it would be outlawed because he knows it would be beneficial to him

That's a nice opinion you have there. Sounds just like the "spread" offense and it being the future. Well it works because it is new and takes adaptation, just like the spread. The teams that beat Alabama played fast and were ready, that is why they won (with a little luck on Auburn's side haha). However, at the end of the day... FSU won the title and they were modeled after Alabama. That is not Alabama fan hype, that is FSU's own words and backed up by some great facts. At the end of the day, everyone has their own opinion and unlike most Americans I respect different view points. I appreciate the fact we can talk about this like adults, that is hard to do and childish fans are the only thing that pisses me off. Some fans need to grow up.

I am a LSU fan, I know one thing is for sure, SEC has been for years now and will continue to be the best conference. I am not making a bias statement though, it is just simple statistics. The recruiting in the South is dominant, and the best high schoolers in the nation want to play there. A career in the NFL is highly dependant on exposure in the NCAA, these guys go where they will be seen. This is not to say that there arent other teams in other conferences that have a legacy strong enough to create exposure for their student athletes, but there talents are soon overshadowed by extremely weak strengths of schedules. NFL recruiters are quick to point out the lack of competition that some of the standouts from these historic schools are playing. The kids arent focused on playing for their favorite team like they used to. It is all about the money and they go where they can be seen and where they will be noticed for their talent against other talented teams. Say what you want about Saban, and as a Tigers fan, I have plenty to say about him myself, but the man knows football, recruiting, and assembling a stellar coaching staff like no other in NCAA. The issue boils down to the fact that the SEC is dominant because the majority of the teams in it are dominant. The spread, the hurry up, and other fast paced east coast style offenses are great but the SEC is about smash mouth football, a deep bench with constant rotation, and big fast strong defenses. We consistently have top drafted secondary players, defensive ends and linebackers. LSU has been known for having three or four and at some points five exceptional runningbacks that all see the field damn near equally. They have even ran two qbs before. Conditioning is not an issue, we play a tried and true style and do not waver from that. The SEC is not constantly trying to reinvent the wheel like east coast teams do. The SEC has had a stroke of fortune that other conferences havent had in a long time, the nentire conference, save a few teams, has the complete attention of high school America. Untill another conference can produce more than one or two good teams, the SEC will remain at the top. We play each other, so our SoS is tougher, we repeatedly beat the standouts from other conferences, except for this year when we played a team, like stated above, that is modeled after Alabama. Maybe the best advice for the east coast is to quit focusing on passing for 800 yards on teams that barely deseve to be a D1 team and start conditioning your players for smashmouth football, start scheduling more Sec teams to build rep and talent, and put more money back into the conference and well rounded coaching staffs. The SEC seems to be more well rounded and not focused on having one or two key players.

Personally I thought the game was super boring. FSU looked like crap. I'm gonna assume at half time someone got the call and said hah it's time to let FSU back in this. I don't like either team. FSU was good all year till this game and when they met a good team (sec) team they didn't know what to do. I call rigged game. That's my OP.

Haha I hate to say I told ya so, I don't feel like digging back through but I said FSU is a great team but they haven't played anyone and I got jumped in this forum. The did win though, that is what counts at the end so hats off to them for winning but I'm confident that if they played the schedule of any other top ten team really they would not have made it. Everyone outside of the SEC hates on that strength of schedule argument but it looked to have credited itself in that game. FSU was way WAY over hyped, really it all came down to timing because if they would have played Miami later in the season then that wouldnt have been hyped up and they would only have had the big Clemson win to ride on. Basically I like FSU and they are young talent that will be dangerous again next year... however if they had the same schedule as Alabama, LSU, Auburn, (insert SEC team here), or even Oregon, Stanford, arguably Ohio State... dang now that i think about it the ACC was way more of a joke than the media says and they probably wouldn't have survived in the SEC, Pac 12, Big 12, or even the Big 10!