What should I install this on? Magnacharger MP122

Well I've had this Magnacharger for some time now... I bought it used about 8 months ago or more but while being shipped to AK Fedex broke the jackshaft in half. Anyways that is a long story but I ended up replacing the entire carbon fiber shaft, and front and rear brackets, rear belt, pulleys, fuel rails, cross over fuel pipes, and the fuel block (non return). I also got two new front pulleys 3.2 and 2.8. The rear pulleys are overdriven as well so I installed the 3.2 pulley for now. I also have everything else to install it: large intercooler, bigger water tank, water pump, IAT harness, Deka 60 lb injectors, MAP, belt, knock sensor plate, tensioner and a walbro 255 as a boost pump.

Now to my question which vehicle would you install it on if you were me. I've got a 57 Chevy with a LQ9/T56 swapped into it. I have my 69 C10 but it has a LQ9 with L92's so this won't work on that without a head swap and of course my SSS. I am very tempted to install the 122 on the SS because it would be a blast to daily drive...

My only concerns with the SS are that its got around 165k on it and I have to wonder how the engine would handle the boost since its getting up there in the miles. I replaced the transmission with lightly used GM 65e about a year ago and it works great not sure how long with the S/C but you never know... Let me know what your guys opinions are on what vehicle to install on or just enjoy the pics! LOL

20130913_123144_zps2df8ccd9.jpg

20130913_121742_zpse5b2d918.jpg

20130913_123159_zps9602eceb.jpg

20130913_123215_zps23ef71ac.jpg

20130913_121846_zps0f74263f.jpg

20130913_123232_zps6035dd4f.jpg

I cant comment on the reliability aspect matt, but I say put that baby on the SS... and of course let me drive it when its done lol.

I would think the biggest worry would be the tranny holding up, I would think 165k of well maintained miles on the motor ( which you do ) wouldn't be an issue.

Hopefully some SC guys with higher miles comment.

I'd worry 1st about the trans, even being "built" before the motor. I mean how many LQ9s have we seen on this site blow up from boost or high miles etc. Maybe one or two if I can remember, but how many broken trans' "built bulletproof" etc. without boost, many broken lol. I'd say Radix blow the SSS and have a trans on standby. Just saying :)

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

I cant comment on the reliability aspect matt, but I say put that baby on the SS... and of course let me drive it when its done lol.

I would think the biggest worry would be the tranny holding up, I would think 165k of well maintained miles on the motor ( which you do ) wouldn't be an issue.

Hopefully some SC guys with higher miles comment.

Haha ya I think it would work great on the SS too! You could definitely go for a ride if I get it on there!

I'd worry 1st about the trans, even being "built" before the motor. I mean how many LQ9s have we seen on this site blow up from boost or high miles etc. Maybe one or two if I can remember, but how many broken trans' "built bulletproof" etc. without boost, many broken lol. I'd say Radix blow the SSS and have a trans on standby. Just saying :)

You guys are probably right about the trans being built before the motor, what I do have is my original blown up transmission so I could presumably build that one up to have as a spare. Like you said have it on standby for when the one in the truck goes. I'm sure my only motor worry is mainly IATs, fuel delivery and the tune being dead on...

The question you have to ask is what belt routing is the blower and brackets set up for?

Honestly if I were you it would go in the 57 or the C-10 and swap heads out to cathedral ports. I would be far more fun in the lighter platforms.

That's what I was wondering. What did it come off? Is it set up for truck accessory alignment?

The question you have to ask is what belt routing is the blower and brackets set up for?

Honestly if I were you it would go in the 57 or the C-10 and swap heads out to cathedral ports. I would be far more fun in the lighter platforms.

maybe a gto or cts-v

Sprayed99- Very good point about the belt spacing. It is setup for truck brackets, I think it may have been original on a SSR or TBSS? Anyways my C10 is running corvette accessories so it won't just bolt onto that without changing brackets and heads. In my 57 I'm running the truck accessories so it would be a direct bolt on.

It definitely would be a blast to have on my C10 or the 57 there both fairly light. What I could do is use my 317 heads from the SS on the C10 and run the L92's on my SS with a good DD cam.... Ah too many choices hahaha

Just went through your 57 build thread... that should be the new home for that blower!

Nothing sexier than a tri five with a ls engine... with a blower :)

Yeah your right it really would look sweet under the hood of that car or if/when I build the other 57 project car I have laying around use it on the motor I put together for that! My current 57 needs some rear suspension upgrades such as the triangulated 4 link in my garage installed and a better axle to handle the power before I bolt on a blower!

Thanks for all the opinions guys, greatly appreciated!