Ric's Intimidator SS build

ric

ok i got everything back yesterday, gonna be putting it on hopefully tomorrow, today was raining which pushed the plans back a little. gotta say i like how it looks and its not even on yet!, just gotta paint the tan pieces on the visors and were good to go!

20140315_220814.jpg

20140315_220926.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not suede, just regular black cloth like from the new silverados, i like suede but not on the ss, i think suede is more for a luxury/show car/truck, idk maybe just me lol

I've always wanted to do a black headliner, looks good. Are you gonna do anything with the tan colored pieces? That's what idk what I'd do with.

Every tan piece will be black, just havent had a chance been raining all weekend, humidity sucks

Cool post back some pics. And what are you using for paint. I'll probably even give the headliner a try myself

Sure will, ill have up some more soon today. And just regular black paint, spraying it with a gravity feed paint gun, nothing special.

What gauge pod did you get? The autometer or the banks? I saw summit offers both and dont know the difference. They both have the tweeter screen but the banks is about $20 more. Just curious which you got. I have a dual pod now and need to order a triple. Truck looks great so far. Definitely like the black headliner. Id love to do black carpet as well. My headliner is a grey, not tan. So its not too bad. Lol if it was tan i would have ripped it out right away too :lol:

What gauge pod did you get? The autometer or the banks? I saw summit offers both and dont know the difference. They both have the tweeter screen but the banks is about $20 more. Just curious which you got. I have a dual pod now and need to order a triple. Truck looks great so far. Definitely like the black headliner. Id love to do black carpet as well. My headliner is a grey, not tan. So its not too bad. Lol if it was tan i would have ripped it out right away too :lol:

Yea i feel you on that one tan just doesnt match anything inside lol, and well the gauge pod is made by glowshift. Got it off ebay for like 35 shipped. Didnt really look into any other, but by the looks of it it looks like it will mount up on top just fine

I'm digging the interior color change! I never have understood why chevy does that on their roofs? Just to cheap out and make one color for all the interior roofs? My 06 1500hd is just like yours.

so i got the pieces painted and the headliner is in, just waiting till they dry up so i can put them on and hold the headliner up in place. looking better than i tought :)

20140317_181326.jpg

Looks good. Did you just mask the buttons and pieces or where you able to disassemble them? Did you paint the extension piece from the sunvisors? The visor piece would probably be best to paint when you have the old material stripped off.

Looks good. Did you just mask the buttons and pieces or where you able to disassemble them? Did you paint the extension piece from the sunvisors? The visor piece would probably be best to paint when you have the old material stripped off.

yea i masked everything off, and true about the visors but i just didnt have those with me when stripped off, had to mask those too. overal came out pretty good just had to do some touch ups here and there