Radix camshaft choice for 11 second Silverado SS?

I've been very happy with my GT2/3 cam, but do feel it is limiting me a little. Krambo had posted up in another thread where he had tuned and helped build a friends truck and the best they could run with it was a 12.0x vs his high 11's.

Only difference being that truck had a GT2/3 cam vs his SLP cam (.559/.566 --- 216/222 --- 115). He said the 1/8 mile increments were consistently better on his truck.

I've been looking at these cams below----Comp recommended the 2nd one. Thoughts?

http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/cam-specs/Details.aspx?csid=1399&sb=0

http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/cam-specs/Details.aspx?csid=1426&sb=0

These cams are part of the LSR line and require dual springs and they aren't cheap....

Also, considered something a little more mild like:

http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/cam-specs/Details.aspx?csid=1085&sb=2

http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/cam-specs/Details.aspx?csid=1086&sb=2

Thoughts?

Get a speced cam. Off the shelf is OK for the most part but if you want all you can get out of it go with a custom grind. Mine was around 450 add a Brian Tooley dual spring kit and his 3/8" push rods and for under $800 I have a Max effort setup.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Get a speced cam. Off the shelf is OK for the most part but if you want all you can get out of it go with a custom grind. Mine was around 450 add a Brian Tooley dual spring kit and his 3/8" push rods and for under $800 I have a Max effort setup.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

same here.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I'm already supercharged.

Radix with 2.8 pulley, 190,000 long block, GT2/3 cam, Volant CAI, long tubes, true dual 3" exhaust, 2800 stall circle D triple disc converter, etc

This cam is just stock. Idles stock. Gets stock fuel economy and drives like stock. At least until u step on it ;-)

I don't mind a slightly rougher idle but I do want to retain most of my drive ability and improve my performance at the same time.

I should also mention that I've been 12.20 at 110 with 1.7 sixty foot. This was with 78mm tb, stock mechanical fan, flowmasters and no meth.

Added Magnaflows, 90mm tb/j-tube, electric fans and meth inj but haven't been able to best my previous bests. Have matched the times but in hotter weather.

I feel it would drop in the teens given a nice cold day but hard to say as the motor was probably pretty tired at 190,000

I hear u but I already have this blower. Just looking to maximize this combo right now. It's been great as a fast daily driver. I mean it literally is like stock (idle, mileage, etc) until u step on it. Tows like crazy, merges with traffic with crazy minimal throttle input, etc.

Kind of hard to believe to be honest. Some day, I may step up to a 1900 or 2300. He'll, maybe even a turbo. Part of the appeal of my combo is the minimal investment I have and reliability. Well other then trans lol!

All boosted applications will drive like stock till you put your foot into it. I just think your going to be chasing your tail by looking for a different cam instead of addressing the problem. You could sell your blower and jump into something that was designed to put out some bigger power for not that much more , I call it recycling parts. Look around you'll be surprised .for what a new cam and stuff will cost, you could upgrade to a better blower.

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)

Good points and well taken. I've thought about swapping a 6.2 in there instead (found one for $900 more) but obviously square port and would be slow until I add a blower - lol. Don't want a big converter is what I mean by slow.