im headed to vegas oct 4th for the test and tune anybody else down to

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. I wish. I would get like a 2 second head start and then we could start racing down the 1320!

I was just saying I was looking forward to seeing the vids of this thing at the track. You should take some vids of you and Mike tuning it. Be pretty cool to hear your first wot run! That and your school girl screams! Lol!

Lil update... zippy has been tuning it the last couple days off and on. I should be back in Vegas in a couple hours and I think his plan is too run the truck on the dyno for some wot tuning so hopefully I'll be back in town for this to take video and some pics. If all goes good we are hitting the track tonight at midnight mayham. I'll keep you guys posted on the results!...

Well it was a pretty disapointing night tonight. We got the truck on the lift to pull the front drive shaft and couldn't get the drive shaft to sperate from the transfer case it would get like 75% of the way out and would not come the rest of the way out so we said screw it and put it back in and we would do a couple WOT pulls down the street to get the waste gate dialed in to the boost level we needed. First pull we did hit 20 psi and I lifted cause we were trying to hit in the 14-16 psi mark. So we clicked the boost controller 5 clicks to bring it down and we went for the second pull . We hit 24-25 psi and something popped and truck back fired and started making g a clicking noise immediately so we limpped back to shop (1000ft) and started pulling plugs. We pulled all but plugs 1 and 3 and everything looked perfect so we called it a night and decided that we will pull the covers tomorrow and see if its a lifter or broken spring. Hopefully its not the rotating assembly so cross your fingers for me and say a couple prayers. I'll keep u guys posted.

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)