im headed to vegas oct 4th for the test and tune anybody else down to

If I could be there I would. I know it will be part of ss history. Keep us up to date by the minute!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

i hope so man. i just hope everything goes good and and nothing breaks that we cant fix to make at least 1 good pass . keep your fingers crossed and wish us luck.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After you get a new crank bolt can you drive the truck? I would like to see some hpt logs. I am considering changing my hot pipes over to a t6 setup and going with a bigger turbo. My motor was built for 20+ psi and I am only running about 12-13. I think a bigger huffer would be more efficient at the higher levels. Yours was a s475 right?

How high of boost are you getting by 3500rpm from a dead idle? Or it probably starts blowing the tires loose around there huh?

Yeah I can drive the truck but I haven't went 100% WOT yet just 65% ish so far and it makes 18psi or so. I'm running a s480 96mm with a billit wheel , race cover and It has a 1.32 ar. Haven't played with the hydro boost yet to answer the other part of your question but soon.

Wow. With a housing that big I wonder if you will even reach the peak efficiency of that turbo at your shift points? Did you get a smaller exhaust housing with it also? I know we talked about this once. I'm curious to see how much your boost changes at each shift. You are still going to gate it right? Zippy is going to help you set this up? I'm excited to see this thing come about.

Man I don't know. At 60% throttle it comes on hard and fast. Yeah I got a 50mm jgs gate on it .everything is ready to go already just needs the tune to be dialed in. I've already raced my friends c5zo6 that's supercharged and he put down 816 rwhp and I was door to door with him till 115 mph when we let off.

Man I don't know. At 60% throttle it comes on hard and fast. Yeah I got a 50mm jgs gate on it .everything is ready to go already just needs the tune to be dialed in. I've already raced my friends c5zo6 that's supercharged and he put down 816 rwhp and I was door to door with him till 115 mph when we let off.

WOW. Seriously? And that wasn't even at 100% throttle? Awesome. I am going to have to read back through your build thread. I am getting ready to put together another motor. I have had a lq4 sitting in the shop just waiting for something to happen to the motor in my truck. I am thinking big turbo and 408. I will look back through here. Thanks! I'm excited to se how your truck does! I'm rooting for ya!!

Yeah I was 60-70% throttle when I raced my buddy. he was starting to barely pull but was extremely shocked that it held with him and I didn't even brake boost when we took off at around 50mph.

Have you tried it at 100 % throttle ?

Well got the hydro boost done and took it out today for the first time in it. Brakes work good but I'm a lil disappointed that I still can't build boost off the foot brake, i guess my stall just is too tight so until I get time to yank it out and get a restall I decided to wire the nitrous back up to get this thing to spool off the line better. How it sits now its awesome from a roll just straight monster but from a stop it doesn't feel that great but I spoke with zippy tonight and he is pretty confident he can get this guy rolling out good specially with nitrous lol. So I leave in 2 days I'll keep you guys posted on what goes down.