A Letter to the site

kcsilveradoss

I purchased this truck in 8/2005 and joined here 2008 after seeing one members truck. I never thought their would be a forum for a Silverado SS, but after a 3 years of reading as an outsider I had to join. First forum I ever joined and pretty much was the only reason I came on the internet, research the SSS and find out anything about it that I may benefit from (steering wheel clunk, transmissions are pick of the hand, front diffs can be notorius, and so much more info). I would have never known this from the dealership, however I have a great relationship my dealer. They knew some info on this truck that they enlightened me, and I enlightened them on some other info (such as a DEI SSS, they only thought Monte Carlo's had DEI versions).

Simply put I have been ripped for being "soft," "kiss ass" or too polite a couple times on here. I firmly believe you have to treat others the way you would like to be treated or its down the toilet, and quick. That's what made this site so amazing when I first joined, respect was everywhere. After many surgeries and MUCH anastesia I may have forgotten a few things and can get mixed up (I forgot my password and had to rejoin in 09 or early 2010) but this is why we are all here to help each other out with answers or show our new mods, what could be benefecial to a certain person's needs for their truck, etc. This truck brings us together, let's keep it that way. And if you have nothing positive to say, just keep it to yourself unless the original poster asking for criticism (just stay classy with the criticism). :chevy:

I've had my SS for a bout a year and half now, I was lucky enough to buy one my senior year in high school. Everyone at school thought I had the coolest truck around, even cooler then the big jacked up diesel trucks! (And that was when it was stock) I joined the site to see what I would be getting into before I bought the truck and I was so excited after reading and looking through the site. My Silverado SS came from Georgia and I had it transported to Illinois and I could not wait. I never was apart of a forum website until this one. I check it almost daily and love to buy stuff on the for sale part. This site was also a great help with problems that have occurred along the way. Because everyone else has the same truck as everyone on here which helps out a ton. I've also added some modifications to my truck because I saw them on the site and have also made my own custom modifications thanks to ideas on the site. I will admit maneuvering through the site at the beginning was pretty hard and I didn't really get it, some parts I still have quite figured out yet but I love this site. I PROUDLY show off the silveradoss.com sticker in my rear window! I don't think I would have a Silverado SS if it wasn't for this site and I pretty thankful for the guys that have maintained and updated the site as it goes on. Love the Truck and Love the Site!

-Luke Z. Central Illinois

we need Mr. P. back. I feel it went downhill when he disappeared lol.

Probably one of the most helpful people I have ever had help me on this site. Him and Danny just hand out their phone numbers so they could help.

There is so much information on this site. I hope it doesn't all go to waste! Lol

Edited by Aksss (see edit history)

At the top of the page there is a button that says sschat that is a live chat box been there for years lol

yes there is. BUT i think having the chat box on the front page instead of its own page would be a better idea. Easier to look at the different sections as well as chat at the same time. sort of how ls1truck.com has theirs...

Very good discussion and suggestions as a result of this thread. The intent was to re-establish the site rules, bring to the forefront some issues we (mods) are seeing as well as solicit recommendations for site improvement.

Keep the suggestions coming!

I agree that bringing back the TOTM would be great for the site. But I do understand that participation in it has been pretty weak. it looks like there were only a hand full of nominations in the last one, and the voting turnout was not that spectacular either.

Looks like most people agree with what I said. We need a FAQ section. I think building a section like that might just help bring a spark back into this site. Like I said before I would definitely be willing to help build a couple threads regarding FAQ's.

Probably one of the most helpful people I have ever had help me on this site. Him and Danny just hand out their phone numbers so they could help.There is so much information on this site. I hope it doesn't all go to waste! Lol

Steve is still around, but he has been focusing on other parts of his life which I feel is very important for him. Im one of his closest friends and I have only seen him twice this year.

And yes Steve I see you reading this thread :)

Edited by Sprayed99 (see edit history)