A Letter to the site

kcsilveradoss

I know why this thread was made and i understand why. i want to apologize for anything i have said in the past that was out of line .i DO NOT consider myself a veteran on this site ive only been on this site since like 09 and knew nothing more then changing oil on my truck before i joined . since then i have learned allot INFACT a TON from the veterans like ZIPPY,MR.P , KRAMBO,SPRAYED99 ...AND OTHERS I KNOW IM LEAVING OUT but now i em very knowledge able and feel i know these trucks almost inside out now since i have replaced probably 80% of this truck myself . with that said i em always ready and willing to help a fellow member here newby or not at a drop of a dime no matter how many times i have heard the question, no matter how stupid or basic it may seem since thats what got me hooked on this site was the friendly senior members that held my hand till i was ready to do it my self . BUT, when a newby comes on here saying a 5k lbs truck can out corner a vette and talk down to some of the senior members on here like they are a bunch of idiots that i know have more knowledge in there right big toe then the newb has in there whole family tree your damn right im going to stick up for them and tell them how it is . you guys as moderators should be backing these senior members instead of putting them on vacation for a week since they are what makes this site a great site . the reason this site is getting crapper by the day is because of all of the greats leaving and thats the bottom line.

i also think there NEEDS to be a HOW 2 DO STUFF or a NEED HELP TO DO section for people that want to ask how to do something so they dont post in the how 2 section.

This is probably my favorite forum I frequent, even though it has been pretty slow lately. I personally try to be as helpful as possible until some newb comes in here being a demanding idiot, or a flat out a hole.

I agree on the FAQ. Maybe make it a large link near the top of the homepage.

BUT, when a newby comes on here saying a 5k lbs truck can out corner a vette and talk down to some of the senior members on here like they are a bunch of idiots that i know have more knowledge in there right big toe then the newb has in there whole family tree your damn right im going to stick up for them and tell them how it is . you guys as moderators should be backing these senior members instead of putting them on vacation for a week since they are what makes this site a great site .

thank you

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)

I know why this thread was made and i understand why. i want to apologize for anything i have said in the past that was out of line .i DO NOT consider myself a veteran on this site ive only been on this site since like 09 and knew nothing more then changing oil on my truck before i joined . since then i have learned allot INFACT a TON from the veterans like ZIPPY,MR.P , KRAMBO,SPRAYED99 ...AND OTHERS I KNOW IM LEAVING OUT but now i em very knowledge able and feel i know these trucks almost inside out now since i have replaced probably 80% of this truck myself . with that said i em always ready and willing to help a fellow member here newby or not at a drop of a dime no matter how many times i have heard the question, no matter how stupid or basic it may seem since thats what got me hooked on this site was the friendly senior members that held my hand till i was ready to do it my self . BUT, when a newby comes on here saying a 5k lbs truck can out corner a vette and talk down to some of the senior members on here like they are a bunch of idiots that i know have more knowledge in there right big toe then the newb has in there whole family tree your damn right im going to stick up for them and tell them how it is . you guys as moderators should be backing these senior members instead of putting them on vacation for a week since they are what makes this site a great site . the reason this site is getting crapper by the day is because of all of the greats leaving and thats the bottom line.

i also think there NEEDS to be a HOW 2 DO STUFF or a NEED HELP TO DO section for people that want to ask how to do something so they dont post in the how 2 section.

I did not give the vacations but I believe the reasoning behind such was language and constant bickering between two members..I'm sure that mod will chime in. Us as mods have to try to remain impartial between members arguing, which is oftentimes hard, because we are friends with one or more parties.

This is probably my favorite forum I frequent, even though it has been pretty slow lately. I personally try to be as helpful as possible until some newb comes in here being a demanding idiot, or a flat out a hole.

I agree on the FAQ. Maybe make it a large link near the top of the homepage.

This is the only forum I frequent daily, not that I post daily since I am still learning. I will help where I can even though it is limited, this is a great forum and you need to take it for what it is worth. Hate to see the activity dropping off, hope it picks up as others join to learn about the somewhat rare trucks we have. Try to be courteous and respectful, not always possible though.

I wanna be a mod :) I'm also with Jon I've been on here since 05 and became a member in 06. Got off the site for a couple years because I went through a nasty Divorce n didn't have time to come on. Got a new screen name in 2010. There are alot of senior guys that have left this site that I thought were super smart. There are some really good guys in here now and a few trouble makers as well. I think we need a section specially to list the most commons questions and answers. I also think we need to get the truck of the month up and going again to only guys who are active. I myself will also answer questions which I have done Alot in pm's and texts. I don't know everything and don't pretend to but I'm will to help if I can. But I do like a good Ford Bash so ill be quick to jump on one anytime I can :)

I joined this forum in 07/04 after buying my SS new. This was the first forum I had ever joined, and I did so be a part of a group who felt as passionate about this truck as I did. With less than 200 posts, I'm sure at times that I have been viewed as a "newbie" even though I have been a member much longer than most have even owned a SS. I post when I have a legitimate question, or when I feel I have something of importance to add. Period! That being said, after joining other forums for my respective vehicles, this remains the most supportive, the most helpful, the most informative, and certainly the most enjoyable forum I participate on. There are no dumb questions, and why should anyone be irritated by questions pertaining to a vehicle they love. In my opinion, we don't have any big problems at all. We should be tolerate of all new members, and the questions they might have. If someone joins just to sell, let there be rules in place, and be happy that we may have a first shot at a great truck! Thanks to the Mods who keep this site up and running, and allow us this privilege. :flag:

If it counts for anything I have always had a great experience on this site. I usually ask for opinions or tips for what ever it is that I am doing on my truck and I have not been steered wrong. I will agree that I see a lot of arguing between members on certain topics but I have learned a lot regardless.

Honestly this is probably one of the best forums I have been a part of. Although some people do get carried away in arguments, I feel for the most part everyone here is quite helpful. I know I have learned a lot and gone a long ways being a part of it and its a big thanks to the great community here.

Love this forum. Even though my post count is pretty low, I don't really consider myself a newbie.. been involved with car forums for the better part of 10 years. I just like to read a lot, and lurk most of the time. I like to contribute useful information when I can, and if I'm ever curious about something, I'll usually google search the shit out of it before I'll ask a question! Lol. I've been driving GMT800 trucks for the past 5 years now.. even wrenching at a GM dealership and getting a chance to drive a lot of different trucks, 2014's included, my SS is hands down my fav. There is a ton of great information available here, I'm glad to be a part of this forum!

I've been a member here since I bought my truck in 2010. Hands down the best forum I've ever been a part of. I've gotten a ton of help here and even made a few friends off the forum that I talk to a few times a week. In short I Love this place. We're a family!

Sent from someplace, somewhere probably during a burnout.

Very well said. I have been a member here for awhile. I joined the site to learn info about the SS truck before buying one. there is a ton of great info on the forum. it is sometimes hard to find info in the search box. I still have issues finding it at times. but I'm not one to ask much. I just try Googleing it if I can't find what I'm looking for. Im a member on MANY different forum's and it is a pain to search through all the same questions. most of the info you are looking for can be found with a search. I enjoy this site I many not post very often but I don't check in almost everyday just to see whats going on. I'm really active here during the winter months. I hope this forum stays around. its one of my favorite forums for sure.

I joined this place back in 07 to search for info before I bought my truck. Not even 2 weeks after joining I bought mine and was part of the crowd. This place used to be llike one big giant family. It had its share of hating but everyone got along to a degree. the chatroom was packed every night with the same people and nobody was bickering over stupidity. but there was never a newbie member joining and running his / her mouth like the run this place. people knew there place back then and just learned from what the senior people had to say. partial to why i havnt been so active lately is because of all the bs that some new members have to say and answering the same questions over and over gets annoying after a while. in the end this forum has churned out some of the fastest trucks on the internet with some of the best knowledgeable people around. during my procharger / fast intake swap over the winter i was all over here shooting pms for adivice and tips to some of the senior people who have done it before me. id hate to see it go down because some people join here thinking there some big cheese and run the show

I myself would like to apologize as well for anything I have said or contributed to stir up trouble. I have been on this site everyday for the past year and a half and have seen it gone down as of recently. I believe that there are many biased people out there and on here as well. Lately it seems that there is only one way to get to said X conclusion. I have discussed this with a few members on here as well. It could just be the clash of personalities, who knows? But I have made many friends on here and there is a lot of wealth of information on here. I agree that a FAQ could help. I also think more meets could get the fire burning again. Like regional meets east, west, north, south type of thing. As well as possible sponsors helping out with raffles and give aways if at all possible (I know this is a tough one) TOTM should be every month, not just quarterly. And something I'd like to see that other sites have is a live chat box on The forum homepage as it gives us a chance to talk to each other quickly instead of posting a new thread for a simple quick question. This could help A LOT. I will help in any way shape or form with any of this if mods need help. Lets Get back to the reason were here. The love of the truck.

I myself would like to apologize as well for anything I have said or contributed to stir up trouble. I have been on this site everyday for the past year and a half and have seen it gone down as of recently. I believe that there are many biased people out there and on here as well. Lately it seems that there is only one way to get to said X conclusion. I have discussed this with a few members on here as well. It could just be the clash of personalities, who knows? But I have made many friends on here and there is a lot of wealth of information on here. I agree that a FAQ could help. I also think more meets could get the fire burning again. Like regional meets east, west, north, south type of thing. As well as possible sponsors helping out with raffles and give aways if at all possible (I know this is a tough one) TOTM should be every month, not just quarterly. And something I'd like to see that other sites have is a live chat box on The forum homepage as it gives us a chance to talk to each other quickly instead of posting a new thread for a simple quick question. This could help A LOT. I will help in any way shape or form with any of this if mods need help. Lets Get back to the reason were here. The love of the truck.

At the top of the page there is a button that says sschat that is a live chat box been there for years lol