*****fast lsxrt 102mm vs tbss intake manifold dyno results*****

Well i recently got dyno tune with my H/C 370 running the TBSS intake manifold. I just purchased a fast lsxrt 102mm intake manifold. I will be going back to the same dyno and tuner. The only difference is going to be the manifold swap and nothing else. Stay tuned for results.....

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont have the funds for a 102mm tb so for now going to stay with the ls3 90mm. That way the results are fair and not misleading. A lot of people have the manifold but never did any comparison or evaluation. Hopefully this will answer questions that other people have been searching for....

Btw here is the test mule specs: 370 cu with mahle forged pistons, prc cnc 799 heads, pac 650 springs, tsp 7.4" pushrods, ls7 lifters, 11.32:1 compression, comp cam trunion upgrade, fti streetsweeper cam 228/232, asp under drive pulley, tbss intake manifold, ls3 90mm tb, 8.1L injectors.

Currently making 441rwhp 409rwtq. So that is the base line for the manifold test.....

im gonna guess that there isnt as much difference. + or - 5-7 hp and tq. He already has the TBSS which is consistently good for 15-20 above the stock manifold. another 20 higher than the tbss? thats 40 hp just from an intake swap (stock to FAST) thats a huge jump... just saying :sleep: for the OP's sake I hope he gets good numbers from it. Thats an expensive manifold!

Yeah the tbss manifold is better than the stock one but not due to design rather the tb size. Plus i have higher flowing heads so my gains should be nice i am hoping for. The more air youre flowing over stock ia where the intake manifold modifications start to shine.

Looking forward to the results!

I assume you will be fully re-tuned prior to giving a glory run correct? Let us know if when the converter is locked and if it was locked on prior runs (this can make a sizeable impact on overal HP #'s). As always, thank you for posting some reasonably objective data for the group!

Thanks kevin. Yes these numbers are with the converter locked on a Mustang dyno MD 1100. The weather wont really change either as is been between 95-101 everyday here. I will be fully tuned with the new manifold just as i was with tbss manifold.

Also thjs manifold picked up 19 rwhp on a stock 5.3L with the current tbss manifold and 87mm tb.....