Plasti-dipped my wheels

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheap and lazy, tell me how you really feel. I guess your shit don't stink. I did it cause it's cheap. If I could afford to powdercoat them I would. Instead I'm out $20 and I can just peel it right off. Win win situation, but that's just my opinion.

I've had it on my emblems and wheels for 3 months and it's held up awesome. What's not to like.

Cheap and lazy, tell me how you really feel. I guess your shit don't stink. I did it cause it's cheap. If I could afford to powdercoat them I would. Instead I'm out $20 and I can just peel it right off. Win win situation, but that's just my opinion.

I will admit that when I first heard of plasti dip about 3 years ago i thought it was a totally awesome product. How cool is it to be able to paint something and completely remove it with ease if you want to. I bought a couple cans and used it on a few things, not fore permanent but for testing. For example I dipped my Air ducts on my SS to see if I really liked them in black. When I decided I loved it, I peeled the dip off and painted them the proper way.

Well after a while I started to notice more and more people using the stuff. Mostly ricers. I noticed it constantly peeling off of the wheels of cars, and it really looked like crap. I started to see ricers dipping just their hoods, or roofs. and I saw a few that completely dipped their entire vehicles. I would notice how poor it looked, you could tell it was done with a spray can, the paint always had waves and marks and particles in it, not to mention lots of bubbles.

Yes it may be a cheap alternative to powder coating or painting, but the key word is CHEAP. It looks cheap, it does not last that long, the second you get too close with a hose or try to clean it, it will peel off. Many people dip their wheels to "protect" them in the winter, but I have never dipped any wheels and my chrome wheels have always been just fine, and I have been through some nasty winters.

In conclusion, most of us on this forum do not like Plasti Dip because its cheap and lazy and should be left to the ricer boys. I understand you like they way your wheels look, but just wanted you to see it from our point of view.

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

I will admit that when I first heard of plasti dip about 3 years ago i thought it was a totally awesome product. How cool is it to be able to paint something and completely remove it with ease if you want to. I bought a couple cans and used it on a few things, not fore permanent but for testing. For example I dipped my Air ducts on my SS to see if I really liked them in black. When I decided I loved it, I peeled the dip off and painted them the proper way.

Well after a while I started to notice more and more people using the stuff. Mostly ricers. I noticed it constantly peeling off of the wheels of cars, and it really looked like crap. I started to see ricers dipping just their hoods, or roofs. and I saw a few that completely dipped their entire vehicles. I would notice how poor it looked, you could tell it was done with a spray can, the paint always had waves and marks and particles in it, not to mention lots of bubbles.

Yes it may be a cheap alternative to powder coating or painting, but the key word is CHEAP. It looks cheap, it does not last that long, the second you get too close with a hose or try to clean it, it will peel off. Many people dip their wheels to "protect" them in the winter, but I have never dipped any wheels and my chrome wheels have always been just fine, and I have been through some nasty winters.

In conclusion, most of us on this forum do not like Plasti Dip because its cheap and lazy and should be left to the ricer boys. I understand you like they way your wheels look, but just wanted you to see it from our point of view.

:pop::pop::pop::pop:

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/81589-dont-ask-dont-tell-policy-needs-to-be-put-in-place-please/