Double Din Radio in SS

6.0ss

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

This is a cool setup... I want to put into a different system but I hate the way a single smaller unit needs filler panels, etc to take up the space. I love the two unit idea.

What are the model number for each of those in the picture?

Cool setup!

hey joe, the harness that plugs into the stock headunit, is there any way to pull that through more. When i had my head unti out not long ago it was such a pita to try and hook everything back up cause it seems there is no slack in the harness :dunno: In your pics you have so much more going on that the stock stuff does and i had a helluva time getting everything back in

Fox.

That thing does not come much more than a couple inches out side of the dash. The Pack adapter gives you a ton more wire when you put in an aftermarket but the factory one does not move much. There is a metal braket down low in the back left that it gets held up on some times but GM does not give you much extra to work with. :banghead:

• 1 month later...

I just installed one of those in a Denali On Sunday. Sucker plugged right in and is an awesome piece!!!

The fit was perfect, but you still need to make some brackets so it can work and be mounted properly!

• 1 year later...

I'm a huge fan of kenwood. The pictures up top are how to mount 2 single-din radios together. A double-din touchscreen is already braced together, and a simple mounting kit is all you need to make it fit snug in the opening.

Archived