Ray's Custom Radix Spacer

So are you running meth as well or are those IAT's just the spacer at work?

Just spacer. I have yet to log anything with methanol. I could fill the tank and plug in the pump and see what kind of numbers i get. I may be able to get sub-ambient temps, although it'll be extremely rich when i do spray. I have yet to have zippy adjust the tune for methanol. Zippy said itd be better to do methanol last after we know that my fuel trims are close enough.

Just spacer. I have yet to log anything with methanol. I could fill the tank and plug in the pump and see what kind of numbers i get. I may be able to get sub-ambient temps, although it'll be extremely rich when i do spray. I have yet to have zippy adjust the tune for methanol. Zippy said itd be better to do methanol last after we know that my fuel trims are close enough.

With that said I am impressed 40-60' decrease in temps is a 30-50HP gain. Not to mention when you start spraying and are able to add more spark advance with the higher octane and hopefully cooler intake charge... I am seeing these two mods complementing themselves perfectly and a real good estimate of up to 100hp gain together... Not bad for under a $1000 investment... A mp112 in the box only claimed 120hp for over 5k...

One question? how much difference did that bigger intercooler reservoir make towrds lowering your IAT'S???

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

With that said I am impressed 40-60' decrease in temps is a 30-50HP gain. Not to mention when you start spraying and are able to add more spark advance with the higher octane and hopefully cooler intake charge... I am seeing these two mods complementing themselves perfectly and a real good estimate of up to 100hp gain together... Not bad for under a $1000 investment... A mp112 in the box only claimed 120hp for over 5k...

One question? how much difference did that bigger intercooler reservoir make towrds lowering your IAT'S???

Well, its highly recommend to upgrade to a bigger reservoir whenever installing a Radix. The kit reservoir holds less than 1qt of fluid making heat soak innevitable at the track. The fluid doesnt have enough time to cool before it is recycled through the system again, causing all the coolant to become the same temp, defeating the whole purpose of a air-water intercooled system. Having a bigger reservoir and adding a bigger capacity to the system, disperses heat better and makes a huge impact on the temp the blower itself will run at, causing a drop in IATs and a more efficient supercharger. After installing the bigger reservoir, i didnt see a huge decrease in IATs, but its more or less just cheap insurance from an overheated blower.

I know for a fact the spacer yields great results to IATs, but im also sure that everyones results will vary slightly, depending on where you live etc. But just in the few days ive had the spacer on, ive noticed easily a 30 degree decrease in temps. IATs have yet to go over 27 degrees above ambient, and i know before i have seen 155 degree IATs on a 90 degree day. Lately its been about 80 and the highest IAT ive seen is 107. But on average, just cruising through town, my IATs stay >20 above ambient. Then stack methanol or nitrous on top of that? I doubt IATs will ever be a concern again..

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

I doubt the spacer and methanol will directly give you +100hp. I think your real gains of lower IATs and higher octane is the ability to safely run more boost with the correct timing advance with no knock. So it more or less gives your truck the potential to be better/faster. But im sure you would see a good increase in HP just by lowering IATs and increasing octane, but unless you're doing both of those with nitrous, i dont think you'll see as high of a HP increase like you're expecting, such as +100. I think it'd be more like +30-50.

I doubt the spacer and methanol will directly give you +100hp. I think your real gains of lower IATs and higher octane is the ability to safely run more boost with the correct timing advance with no knock. So it more or less gives your truck the potential to be better/faster. But im sure you would see a good increase in HP just by lowering IATs and increasing octane, but unless you're doing both of those with nitrous, i dont think you'll see as high of a HP increase like you're expecting, such as +100. I think it'd be more like +30-50.

I guess I was looking at it a little differently than you LOL... The only gains you can expect from the spacer is just a drop in IAT's helping the supercharger to run more efficiently and not loose power due to timing being pulled and loosing HP that is already calculated into having the supercharger... For instance as an example a FI motor running at ambient 80' produces 120hp at 120' its 105HP at 150' its 90hp at 185 its 60hp all due to the motor pulling timing to save itself from grenadeing... As far as meth goes it also helps the efficiency of the supercharger due to the cooler intake charge from the water but has the added bonus of meth if you run 50/50 as meth is a fuel you should see additional 30-50hp on top of the ambient temp capabilities of the Supercharger.... I just calculating the loss of HP I am experiencing due to high IAT's as much as 185' which I have read as much as 60-80HP plus the gain of what a properly tuned meth kit can do at 30-50hp... So in reality your right that you should only gain 30-50hp's on top of what the motor could idealy run...

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Very nice to see the write up and results posted. The phenolic properties is the key here in isolating the superchargers cooling system from the engines.... reducing overall blower temps as well as lowering IAT's is what really makes this upgrade shine. Enjoy those new ponies! Hp is addictive

• 8 months later...

Id definitely say its worth the money. The 112 needs all the help it can get to battle IATs. Plus the bigger displacement counts for another 1-2psi. I didn't drive the truck much after the spacer was put on. I ended up selling the 112 and rebuilding the motor for a 2300. I've been wanting to get a spacer for the 2300 as well once I get caught up with other priorities.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

sorry guys its superstreetperformance.net or super street performance on facebook and rayssupersteetperformance on instagram

shop is up n running just hard to find time to get on here and participaite. i will will try harder!

cobaltssdynopic.jpg

i know its a cobalt..... boost is boost, and it too is sporting a phenolic spacer...

sorry guys its superstreetperformance.net or super street performance on facebook and rayssupersteetperformance on instagram

shop is up n running just hard to find time to get on here and participaite. i will will try harder!

cobaltssdynopic.jpg

i know its a cobalt..... boost is boost, and it too is sporting a phenolic spacer...

Nice shop Ray! Looks like you've got some cha ching invested!