Ray's Custom Radix Spacer

thats what nitrous is for

Haha thanks Brian. Ill look into it. :thumbs:

Well if the preliminary results from Ray hold true (I have no reason to doubt him), you will be pleased with your investment.

Yes sir. I dont doubt him one bit. I know a lot of time went into these spacers and several people have seen great results. Plus they are Zippy approved, so im sure it'll do wonders for my truck. :jester:

The point to this thread was to help promote Ray's product, as well as be a "write up" type thread to help out with other member's installs. A lot of people are curious about these spacers and have been interested in buying one, but arent quite sure what gains to expect or if the gains are even worth the money. So hopefully the "before and after" trial proves good results. Ray has helped me out dozens of times and is a great guy. So i figured id return the favor by making a thread about his product, as well as help out the SSS community with more info on these spacers and what gains you can expect with them. I know there are A LOT of people out there with maggied SSs that are at a constant battle with high IATs...

Actually, one of the biggest reasons for purchasing this spacer is to help me get closer to breaking your 11.726 run, and steal your title of fastest maggied 6.0 :laugh:

Im sure with all the advice from yourself and Brian, ill be able to get faster times yet. Im excited to see what this truck will do when im finally done installing all these parts that have been stacking up. I also have a lot of work to do with Mike yet.

Anyway, tune in later for more updates guys!

You mean that NAAAWWWSS

Hope it works because I will be looking for a radix in the future

I am totally getting some NAAAAWWWWSSS (LMAO) very soon probably even before the spacer... I am looking at the NX Express proton nitrous system... From what I hear and researched Nitrous has better cooling effects than meth plus the added bonus of more HP's for almost the same pricing... 50-75hp shot should net about 100-125 more hp... :dbanana:

Haha

Actually, one of the biggest reasons for purchasing this spacer is to help me get closer to breaking your 11.726 run, and steal your title of fastest maggied 6.0 :laugh:

Not if I get there first brother LOL let the race begin... :loser: LOL

I am totally getting some NAAAAWWWWSSS (LMAO) very soon probably even before the spacer... I am looking at the NX Express proton nitrous system... From what I hear and researched Nitrous has better cooling effects than meth plus the added bonus of more HP's for almost the same pricing... 50-75hp shot should net about 100-125 more hp... :dbanana:

Not if I get there first brother LOL let the race begin... :loser: LOL

Hahaha well with a 75 shot, 11s will be a breeze. But then you'll drop to the nitrous category, where 10s arent uncommon.. Lol. Lots of heavier competition.

I wanna start looking into Nitrous myself. I think itd be fun, and itd be nice to have when im racing a car on the street that i have no business racing. Haha. Theres a chevelle ss with a supercharged 572 that spanked me last summer from a 30mph roll. I told him id rematch him from a dig if i ever see him at a light. :thumbs:

Ill need all the help i can get. That car is a monster. Beautiful too. Black on black with a 4inch cowl hood. Shakes the ground at idle. Lol.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

I to have spoken to Ray and he seems like a stand up guy, as far as the spacer I just blew my budget this year doing the torque converter/tranny and cam in my truck earlier in the year.

I think this may be a winter/spring project.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Nitrous is a great mod if you understand its properties and how it works. It gets such a bad rep from slap dicks that have no idea how to use it and when to use it.

It would be a great mod to reduce IAT's specially in a Radix situation where you dont have the ability to run a charge air cooler. Setup a simple plate system and start your jets small, take some timing in the tune, and see what it does.

On the subject on nitrous, it would be wise to setup a stand alone fuel system strictly for the nitrous system that way you arent robbing the truck system of fuel pressure. Check out my build thread for pics of the stand alone system on my SSS I had. It turned out so awesome. As complex as I had it setup I wished I would of took all the nitrous stuff off and kept it because the wingcheese that bought it from me didnt want anything to do with it. Then the guy that bought it from him doesnt want anything to do with it either from what I hear.

On the other hand, there are some things you have to account for when running nitrous. Main thing is a fuel pressure cutoff switch. If the switch sees the fuel pump in the stand alone tank lose fuel pressure it will cut off a breaker and kill the system and stop spraying nitrous. Rule #1 - Nitrous + Low Fuel = melted pistons. No bueno.

If you want to get interested in this or might have the itch to do something like this on your truck let me know. Ill contact the ol boy with my truck and ill see if he will sell the stand alone tank, plate, lines, solenoids, ect. I bought the tanks back and I plan to do something in the ol ladies Camaro with those but I bet I could work something out with him on all that.

On the other hand, there are some things you have to account for when running nitrous. Main thing is a fuel pressure cutoff switch. If the switch sees the fuel pump in the stand alone tank lose fuel pressure it will cut off a breaker and kill the system and stop spraying nitrous. Rule #1 - Nitrous + Low Fuel = melted pistons. No bueno.

Agree. As well as running too rich of a mixture. Many think you should be running rich however running rich is the fastest way to ignite a ring land using nitrous. I ran in the high12's AFR using a large shot of Nitrous and the plugs told me that is right where I needed to be. When spraying over a supercharged application, it is a tricky balance of AFR. Tuning is essential!

Well, that proves it can be done... With LOTS of hard work. Lol.

We've got the advantage of a few new radix mods that have come out since Kevin ran his 11.7.

So with all these extra goodies at our disposal, hopefully more and more Maggie'd SSs will be dipping into the 11s. Seems like the most common times are high to mid 12s, or even 13s with a kit blower, but several guys have proven that 11s can be achieved even with just a MP112.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

I spent $491.50 shipped to AK.

damn I would have never have guessed that much ill deffentaly keep a eye out for the results should be impressive

Well, that proves it can be done... With LOTS of hard work. Lol.

We've got the advantage of a few new radix mods that have come out since Kevin ran his 11.7.

So with all these extra goodies at our disposal, hopefully more and more Maggie'd SSs will be dipping into the 11s. Seems like the most common times are high to mid 12s, or even 13s with a kit blower, but several guys have proven that 11s can be achieved even with just a MP112.

and I have no doubt you'll join that group of 11s I can't wait to see it happen Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)