Ray's Custom Radix Spacer

Well its here! I finally got around to ordering Ray's (Supersub)'s custom intake spacer for the MP112 Supercharger, after waiting for over a year to do so. He had one left from his last batch and i had just enough laying around to buy it off him. I promised a lot of members id make an install thread with lots of pics and info from the install, as there seems to be lots of interest in these. Im sure he will be making more of these soon, so if you're interested, just hit him up. They arent super cheap, but for how much time went into them, and for what they boast for gains, its not an incredibly expensive mod either. Especially when they are the fix to the number one killer of MP112 blowers. High IATs! Ive seen IATs of up to 150 degrees on a 90 degree day. Thats unacceptable and will severly hurt performance. A properly operating blower should show IATs around 20 degrees over ambient temp.

Ill do a driving log before the install, and one after so i am able to compare the two and share my results. Its been around 60 degrees here with some rain here and there.

It showed up this morning, so i havent made much progress with the install, but i did take some unboxing pictures! :thumbs:

spacer1_zps77d4e5f6.jpg

It doesnt look like much. Lol. But im sure itll do the trick! The idea behind its design is when its installed between the head unit (compressor) and the intake manifold of the Supercharger, incoming air will be further away from the valley of the motor, keeping IATs down. With it, the blower will operate more effieciently for HP gains, as well as allow you to squeeze a little extra boost out of the once maxed out blower. A 2.8" pully @ 8 Psi was about the max i thought the radix could produce. But with the new lower IATs, its safer to run a little more boost and really get the most out of your radix. There are a "few" extra blower mods that you can invest in to really open the radix up to its full potential including a 102mm TB, 90mm J-tube, 2.8" pulley, 10% OD pulley, 100mm idlers or 8rib kit to help with belt slip, HD tensioner, and this spacer, Id expect maybe 10-11 Psi without staggering IATs. Ive also recently installed an oversized coolant tank from Johns group buy a few weeks back. Although this spacer will allow the radix to be pushed to its max, you dont need all these other mods in order to see gains from it. The spacer in general will make even an "out of the box" radix kit run WAY more effiently. I know Steve (Silverado777) also installed one of these spacers on his Radix'd 383 and saw a huge difference. Even though i have a lot of faith in this product and im sure it'll be worth every penny, ill definitely post the results of before and after the install, and you can make your own decision on whether its worth its weight in gold, or if its just an expensive paperweight..

spacer2_zps4d04f30d.jpg

Heres the hardware and gasket kit that was included with the spacer.

spacer3_zpse4df282e.jpg

Ray's business number is posted on the card in the last picture for anyone interested in ordering one of these spacers.

And in case you cant see it, its 1 (651) 226-3109.

Keep tuning in! Hopefully ill have an update for you guys by the end of next weekend.

:drool: I am so excited to see your numbers... I am hitting extremely high IAT's here too I have seen as high as 186' which is crazy high.... But I don't have meth or anything that could bring IAT's down... So this spacer and Meth or nitrous are my next upgrades if this spacer really helps that much :fingersx:

Also will this mod eliminate the need for injector spacers for the fuel rails?
I was told by Ray that it will eliminate the need for the spacers due to the taller Deka 60's.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Hey guys. The plan is to pull the MP112 this Saturday and put the spacer kit in. Ill take before and after pics. So be sure to check in this weekend and ill have an update.

As for "will it delete the need for fuel rail spacers?" Yes, it will. Right now I've got 1/2" spacers under all 6 fuel rail bolts. Since the spacer will raise the mounts on the upper intake higher and closer to the fuel rail, it will delete the need for spacers, or atleast you won't have to run as big of spacers. You might need a washer or two under each bolt to make the rails a perfect 90 degrees. But we'll see.

I am waiting like a kid on christmas morning to open gifts LOL... Make sure to log IAT's before and after the spacer install... I want to see how big of difference it's going to make... I hope its alot :fingersx: If I could run even close to ambient temps with this thing it would be a win win for me... Cause running 150'-180' IAT's is robbing more than 50-60hp

I am waiting like a kid on christmas morning to open gifts LOL... Make sure to log IAT's before and after the spacer install... I want to see how big of difference it's going to make... I hope its alot :fingersx: If I could run even close to ambient temps with this thing it would be a win win for me... Cause running 150'-180' IAT's is robbing more than 50-60hp
damn that's a lot of ponnies being lost.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2