Billet Grille Options for SS Bumper Cover

Indy13

Hey All!

What are my grille options for a Street Scenes Bumper cover?

I've searched this topic, but found nothing other than the "mesh type" that Street Scenes makes. I want to go with the billet aluminum style, powder coated black. I've seen pics with them and know some guys buy the kits for the OEM SS bumpers and modify/cut them to fit the Street Scenes version. Is that my only option? If so, is there a particular brand that works better than another? The most affordable ones seem to be sold by eBay stores. However, to me, the most important thing is, which is the best to purchase for my application.

Most kits seem to be the overlay type and seem to be more affordable. However, with the SS cover, obviously I have nothing to lay over on the 3 lower holes so, I assume some mount modifying will have to be done? On a side note, I plan on relocating my fog lights to the brake ducts and I think I'm going to get the round halo type sitting in a plastic, grille looking frame around it (pic attached). Could that act as a mount for the overlaid billet insert? Finally, Along with the bumper inserts, I'm doing the upper grille(s) also, which shouldn't I purchase a 5-piece kit all together?

I've attached a couple of pics from my truck to show my set-up. Also, a pic of the fog light type I'm installing.

Thanks in advance for the help, hopefully with your suggestions and experience, this will be a one time purchase!post-1255-0-07434200-1371918531_thumb.jpgpost-1255-0-45515900-1371918906_thumb.jpgpost-1255-0-21436900-1371922270_thumb.jpg

Street Scene actually makes the billet inserts as well. I have never seen them in black though.

Really? I guess I need to look at their site a little closer! If that's the case, I could always have them powder coated. I want to pc my wheels so, they would be a perfect match!!! Thanks for the reply jddmj!

Btw, is that custom side exit exhaust on your truck?

• 1 month later...

Street Scene actually makes the billet inserts as well. I have never seen them in black though.

found this not a street scene but its billet and black 5 pcs

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190626232151?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)