blnaway's 2003 N/A build

BLNAWAY

well i bought my 2003 SSS about a yr and half ago completly stock. found this site and sure enough the mod bug took bite. ive been slowly gathering parts to build a beastly stock block N/A motor that will get me into the mid to low 12s hopfully... thru this build page ill cover basicly everything that i have already done or plan to install inculding interior,exterior,suspension,brakes,drivetrain.

PARTS THAT I HAVE OR INSTALLED
* Tuned by kelley performance (installed)
* Trans-go hd2 shift kit (installed)
* PATC 2-4 apply servo (installed)
* PATC billet overdrive servo (installed)
* B&M transmission cooler (installed)
* ASP pully swap (installed)
* Manga flow DI 3"/ SI 4" dumped before axle (installed)
* Cat delete (installed)
* Hydroboost (installed)
* LS3 TB (have)
* Custom grind comp cam - 223/227 .637/.641 @112LSA @.050 duration (have)

* PI vigilante 9.5" triple disk 3k stall (have)
* 145 amp alternator (have)

PARTS NEED TO ORDER
* Holly efi hi-ram intake mainfold
* Volant CAI
* LT headers (unsure of brand yet)
* Injectors (42# or 60# unsure yet)
* X-link
* Hardend push rods
* Lifters
* Springs (rated for .675 or more)
* 14 bolt rear end
* E-fans
* Port & Polish heads

and im sure im forgetting something but will get added as i remember

The beast:
photo_zps0315eea9.jpg

photo_zpsc202b239.jpg

Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good list of parts. But you are going to need more to push 5000 lbs mid to low 12's. Even with a very good set of heads, you would be high-ish 12's. I think instead of the holly, run your stock intake or a TBSS. The holly was built for big cube motors. Put that money into some heads. You will benefit more. But over all your on the right track and it sounds like a fun build. Wish ya luck on your adventure :thumbsup:

good list of parts. But you are going to need more to push 5000 lbs mid to low 12's. Even with a very good set of heads, you would be high-ish 12's. I think instead of the holly, run your stock intake or a TBSS. The holly was built for big cube motors. Put that money into some heads. You will benefit more. But over all your on the right track and it sounds like a fun build. Wish ya luck on your adventure :thumbsup:

ya i forgot to say i do plan on port n polish the factory heads open em up a lil i added it to my op list

for 12's plan on a hefty porting job! and a bigger stall than 3200 with some weight reduction and you should be there

this is the first time i diggin this far into a motor...its needs to be dd friendly thats why i dont want a huge stall

Your still gonna need more to be in the 12's. maybe go with so diff heads. Your prob gonna be a low 13 with what u described.

ive read a few guys get high 12s with close to same build but have slightly smaller cam than what i got...dont get me wrong im not guna be mad if i dont hits 12s this isnt being built for strictly track purpose...it ment to be a fun DD that will hold its own

It will hold its own at any stop light unless seething is crazy fast. It's gonna be a fun build. If its gonna stay a good DD don't get to carried away. Modding can snowball in a hurry

technically, it can be a 12 sec dd and N/A build.... with a wet nitrous kit. it would make for alot of fun at track and should make goals very easy. leave track, shut off system and your ready to drive home and to work the next day.

will be a fun build to follow. subscribed!

Edited by LilEz02 (see edit history)