looking at stall converters

Go for a circle D 3200, I think I talked to you through pm about converters. I ended up selling the one I had, and now have a yank power adder series 3400 stall. The circle d 278 mm is pretty much the i6 TB stall, I think it'd be your best bet.

ya we did a lil.... Can someone explain more the difference in what a "loose" Converter and "tight" difference is? How do they drive?

I've never ridden or owned a vehicle that had a stall converter....

What's your number bro, I send you a video. Normal part throttle acceleration is around 2500 RPM. I asked Chris to set my converter up a little loose though. My truck is tuned with full bolt ons. Going to cam it later this year.

pm'd

I've got a 2800 Vigilante. Only 300mi on it. So no preference yet. Good luck picking one and let us know which you decide.

how dose yours drive seem like a lower stall for the HP you got?...y did you choose that lower stall? Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

ya we did a lil.... Can someone explain more the difference in what a "loose" Converter and "tight" difference is? How do they drive?

I've never ridden or owned a vehicle that had a stall converter....

Basically, the first time you drive it with the new stall, it's going to feel like the brakes are on slightly, until you floor it that is. Best way I know how to describe it. When somebody says their converter is loose, it means it takes more engine rpm to accelerate the vehicle, until it hits its stall rpm, then it behaves like any other converter.

Basically, the first time you drive it with the new stall, it's going to feel like the brakes are on slightly, until you floor it that is. Best way I know how to describe it. When somebody says their converter is loose, it means it takes more engine rpm to accelerate the vehicle, until it hits its stall rpm, then it behaves like any other converter.

so id want a tight converter to make it more DD friendly correct?

now depending on your typical use of vehicle. (What mph is typically driven) your tuner can lock the converter so you can have your driveability. The general consensus is buy a tad larger than specd for your cam. Going too small and you will be disapointed. anyone will tell you that 32-3600 is about right for that cam. I would choose the 3600 just because they can be very steetable and tame. I had a 3200 in another truck and couldnt tell it was there. You will have much more fun with the larger stall.

now depending on your typical use of vehicle. (What mph is typically driven) your tuner can lock the converter so you can have your driveability. The general consensus is buy a tad larger than specd for your cam. Going too small and you will be disapointed. anyone will tell you that 32-3600 is about right for that cam. I would choose the 3600 just because they can be very steetable and tame. I had a 3200 in another truck and couldnt tell it was there. You will have much more fun with the larger stall.

its a daily driver...im still yet to tow with it in the yr and half ive owned it....80% of my driving is done under 45mph

There's a video with a yank converter in a trans am or firebird on you tube its not an ss but still a 4l60 and LS motor if you wanna see how a yank performed kinda helped me on my choice

ive seen a few of em 3200,3600 stalls but a rear wheel drive 3k lb car is guna drive way different than a AWD 5000+lb truck...I've been watching more stalled trucks

But those car are pretty impressive stalled

Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

Right now I'm on a circle d band wagon. Chris was awesome to talk to, even answered emails on a sunday. When I told him I was going to try to break his converter...he literary said...bring it. I had bad luck with pi hitting their stall speed, but it held up to my power at that time. My tcs out of Canada was a god awful violent converter that pulled incredible 60 foot times....it ment business but sent its guts through my trans and cooler, scrapping the cooler and doing $800 damage to the trans. Their customer service kinda sucked. Back when I started yank had a lot of problems, which is why you don't see a lot of the older guys running them, but I can't speak for now of from personal experience

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2