looking at stall converters

so i thinks its about time i get a converter for my cam build( 223/227 .637/.641 @112 LSA) .... to be honest i dont know a whole lot about em or which ones are a waste of $$$ but i think ive came down to 2 choices eaither a circle d or a PATC converter... from circle d i was looking the link posted or the manga raptor MR-1 from PATC. Im thinking of a stall around 2600-3000 as it needs to be DD friendly what are your guys experiance with these converters or any drivabilty issues arise from stall converters any help or info would be appericated

https://www.circledspecialties.com/p-6-gm-278mm-hp-4l60-ls-torque-converter.aspx

Great performance torque converter for a daily driven vehicle. This torque converter will have great street manners and only flash high when you want it.

• Converter Diameter: 278mm - 11"
  • Stall speeds 2600 to 3200 RPM
  • Hand TIG Welded
  • High Carbon Spun Wound Lock-Up Clutch Lining

Heavy Duty Torrington Bearings

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/4l60e.htm#Torque :: MegaRaptor-1 " Performance gains of 2/10 of a second in 60 feet and up to 3/4 of a second in the quarter mile have been reported. The torque multiplication rates can be ordered in 2 to 1, 2.5 to 1 or 3 to 1. The torque multiplication of this converter will deliver an increase of up to 50 horse power to the rear wheels. The MegaRaptor-1 with its carbon fiber clutch will withstand power levels of 700 horse power. This 10 inch converter can be ordered with stall speeds of 2000 to 5500 RPM. The Ultimate (If you have a supercharger or nitrous buy #MR-2.) Fits 700R4, 200-4R and early style 4L60E transmissions. Cost $599.00

Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

I've only ever had my circle d and I like it. And Chris at circle d is a pretty nice guy and they have pretty good customer service. I can't speak for others. But there are a couple guys on here that if they say they are good ill take there word. I know you want a good DD but try to get the most out of your stall or you will be leaving a little on the table.

I have ran my circle D 3200-3400 for 3 yeah. I only have about 3k miles on it but it been a great converter. I have done plenty of boost launch's in it and it has done great. I had a TCI for a few years before this and it was decent but it seemed really loose to me.

i have a yank 2600 and honestly i expected ALOT more in the feel of it just cruising around. you can barley tell its in there, but its also not a big converter by any means. i remember a very intelligent member, i think zippy (but dont hold me to that) say that he would buy a Vigilante, that they were the best at holding up for the weight of the trucks. i also know i read about shadowsniper talking about converters not too long ago and the daily drive-ability of them is not as bad as people think. i will try to find threads cause i never like to give advice or pass off information im am not 100% completely sure is true cause it can snowball into alot of people ending up with wrong info and in turn passing off the wrong info. i will deff compare your choices with vigilante when i start to look for a more aggressive one, so ill watch your thread for good info.

i have a yank 2600 and honestly i expected ALOT more in the feel of it just cruising around. you can barley tell its in there, but its also not a big converter by any means. i remember a very intelligent member, i think zippy (but dont hold me to that) say that he would buy a Vigilante, that they were the best at holding up for the weight of the trucks. i also know i read about shadowsniper talking about converters not too long ago and the daily drive-ability of them is not as bad as people think. i will try to find threads cause i never like to give advice or pass off information im am not 100% completely sure is true cause it can snowball into alot of people ending up with wrong info and in turn passing off the wrong info. i will deff compare your choices with vigilante when i start to look for a more aggressive one, so ill watch your thread for good info.

thanks i know this is just touching the tip of the iceberg.... there are alot more options out there and its all about how the driver drives the vehicle right now i barely get my rpm over 1800-2000 when accelerating unless theres someone next to me that wants to have fun.... how would a 3000 stall perform at say 35mph to wot right now my truck falls on its face?

My op is at least go with a 3k if not your gonna wish you did later. I drive at 30 to 35 mph in the am's. it's fine. Believe me you will like it. With a cam that big I myself would go like 3600. I drive my truck pretty hard tho.

Tell me a lil more what are your rmps at 25-30mph and 45mph any video of just easy driving?

What's your number bro, I send you a video. Normal part throttle acceleration is around 2500 RPM. I asked Chris to set my converter up a little loose though. My truck is tuned with full bolt ons. Going to cam it later this year.

Edited by onebadmax (see edit history)

Go for a circle D 3200, I think I talked to you through pm about converters. I ended up selling the one I had, and now have a yank power adder series 3400 stall. The circle d 278 mm is pretty much the i6 TB stall, I think it'd be your best bet.