Cammed the SS

What is a big cam. My definition of big cam doesn't come close to a 3200 stall

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

what is your cam spec? Or what you consider a big cam (.i.e. 223/227 .637/.641 @112lsa) ??

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that's a great 60ft time. I wanted to go a little bigger but was kinda scared about drivability. I DD my truck and half my drive in the am is 35mph. I'd really have liked a 34 or 3600. But I'm happy with it for know. Hope to do some 243's in a couple months.

Think TEA for the heads, much like flt, hard to get a hold of, but worth the wait.......

I swear if 2bfast posts something about me and chuck......I'm driving down there......

what is your cam spec? Or what you consider a big cam (.i.e. 223/227 .637/.641 @112lsa) ??

Me?

I'm using a 235/240 .650/.610 111 cam, which ive learned is almost stupid and pointless. Going from a 224 cam with ported stock heads and a stock truck intake and like 6700 shift points with a 3800 stall, to $2800 trick flow heads with a victor intake and 102mm nw throttle body and a 4500 converter with 7200 shift points got me from 12.8s to 12.4s. I mean I'm it to go fast, but if that .4 isn't that important to you....run the torquer setup, it's more fun and is easier on the truck and wallet

The lift on that cam is big in my view but the duration is very reasonable for converter and shift points. Was it spec'd out for stock heads?

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

Think TEA for the heads, much like flt, hard to get a hold of, but worth the wait.......

I swear if 2bfast posts something about me and chuck......I'm driving down there......

ha ha ha LOL yeah if 2bfast had come to mass he would be good friends with the back side of my pimp hand. chuck is a good dude before and after I got my tranny i still have nothing but good things to say about FLT great to deal with a bit of a wait though 3 months after ordering but well worth the wait

Me?

I'm using a 235/240 .650/.610 111 cam, which ive learned is almost stupid and pointless. Going from a 224 cam with ported stock heads and a stock truck intake and like 6700 shift points with a 3800 stall, to $2800 trick flow heads with a victor intake and 102mm nw throttle body and a 4500 converter with 7200 shift points got me from 12.8s to 12.4s. I mean I'm it to go fast, but if that .4 isn't that important to you....run the torquer setup, it's more fun and is easier on the truck and wallet

The lift on that cam is big in my view but the duration is very reasonable for converter and shift points. Was it spec'd out for stock heads?

ya...

o ok ya I looked in your garage and said big so I figure I'd ask and no the xtra .4 ain't that important to me I would like to see 12s of any form and that cam I posted is mine working on getting few other parts I need before installing... I don't know about specs to stock heads. I bought it from kcsilveradoss awhile ago

I do plan on port n polish the stock ones tho open em up a lil bit with holly efi hi ram-intake, ls3 tb(already got)

Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

I'm good friends with him so its all in fun. Quick jab to tbe ribs and then back on topic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah Brian went above and beyond to help me when I had a servo issue. He's a pretty good dude. Alot of people wouldn't have done it. And so far camming my truck has been a great move. The process was a pita but it's done now and it's fun to drive.

Yeah Brian went above and beyond to help me when I had a servo issue. He's a pretty good dude. Alot of people wouldn't have done it. And so far camming my truck has been a great move. The process was a pita but it's done now and it's fun to drive.

you can rationalize all you want but you know the truth!!!

boost > cam swap

:lol:

I wouldn't have a problem with 2bfast if he had helped me but he's been nothing but rude to me for no reason. I'm not starting anything but you get what you give with me your nice I'm nice your rude and that's what you'll get back. I'm 33 with kids not looking to argue

Ah, another Super88 thread. Always a good read........

Nutz on your chin! bah!!!!

ha ha ha LOL yeah if 2bfast had come to mass he would be good friends with the back side of my pimp hand. chuck is a good dude before and after I got my tranny i still have nothing but good things to say about FLT great to deal with a bit of a wait though 3 months after ordering but well worth the wait

yeah....thats probably NOT what you would do. But nice try

you can rationalize all you want but you know the truth!!!

boost > cam swap

:lol:

actually boost + cam = ( . Y . )

I wouldn't have a problem with 2bfast if he had helped me but he's been nothing but rude to me for no reason. I'm not starting anything but you get what you give with me your nice I'm nice your rude and that's what you'll get back. I'm 33 with kids not looking to argue

I dont mind helping anyone and I will go out of my way to help someone in need and thats proven. But when I see someone posting suggestions and tech help that they have never performed and only read about on web forurms it gets to me. All that leads to is trouble. I understand that you have interest in this hobby but giving someone tech help that you in reality know nothing about and only read that someone did is a disaster waiting to happen.

I understand you have had a good interaction with FLT and that is outstanding. But you were on the bandwagon before you even got your unit. Hell from what I remember you were riding the wagon before they even started to build your unit. With that said, what if you would of got it and something was wrong. And then they told you to fvck off to boot? Yes, highly unlikely but you never know. So here you are with Chucks nutz all over your chin on the band wagon then it turns south.

My point being, dont suggest something or swear by it unless you have done it or ran it. Be active on the forum, it needs it. But do it smart

But I will give you one thing, I havnt heard you talk about plasti dip so thats one good thing here