Anyone ever used Roadrunner stall/torque converters?

Like title says, has anyone used this brand? They have good prices and look to meet the specs I am looking for in my truck (3000-3500 rpm, 650 hp). I am wanting basically a bulletproof transmission after my last one fizzled out. Just wondering if anyone here has personally used this brand and how it performed, thanks in advance. Their reviews on other boards seem mostly positive. Can't find any of those typical posts blaming the specific part for a blow up, so that seems positive as well. Just wondering if anyone has any first hand knowledge here on the forum.

TIA

Not sure of this brand but the first converter I bought was rated for 650 hp And it blew in like 3 weeks. The one I have now is rated for 850 hp and it's been 2 months so far lol. First one was made my FTI and second one is made by Trans specialties.

I bought a yank ss 3200 that's bulletproof that was my first choice but if my funds were strapped I would have gotten a circle d that maybe what your looking for its a little more than half of a yank but guys here that have them love them.

Best advice I can offer you is DO NOT CHEAP OUT ON A CONVERTER. If you don't have the money for a good quality name brand converter just save up and wait until you do. Seen too many people use cheap off brand converters and have failures that can ruin not only the converter but the entire trans. I've had personal experience with both TCS and PATC converters, both are very good quality and I never had any issues with either. PI, Yank, and Circle D are also all good companies to look at. Just my .02

Edited by zachm89 (see edit history)

I was looking at yank before I ordered my tranny but felt confident in my choice when FLT referred them as well and they work together on builds often so that helps when they both talk on a weekly basis but If your going to go broke getting a yank then circle d is not a bad choice for 300 bucks or more less then a yank.

I talked to Dave @ Yank and decided on a power adder series 3400, it's basically his SS3600. Just got it in the mail Thursday and dropped it off at the trans shop that's building my 65E. Should be picking up the truck tomorrow, and I'll could report back in a week. I use it daily for work +60 miles. I've never cared for TCI products but maybe others have had luck, I've used PTC with great results. Circle D is another good one, and they seem to have a lot of pride in their quality. PI as well but more costly, and if I have to redo the converter for whatever reason I'd probably try them out.

Have any of yall put lots of highway and DD miles on these converters? This is my DD/Work truck so I need durability. Thanks for the responses so far. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on something real soon.

I drive my truck quite often from Dallas back to East Texas and have towed with it on a few occasions without a problem. I dont have a single bad thing to say about my PATC converter from their customer service to the performance of the converter and trust me it gets some abuse every time I drive the truck.

To BLOWN SS/T, TCI and TCS are two different companies, I've never used or known anyone to use a TCI product. PTC and PATC are also different companies and again, I know nothing of the PTC product. PATC is located in Shreveport/Bossier, Louisiana and is a very good place to do business whether youre buying parts to build your own trans or having one built by them or getting a converter.