anybody running nitto 420's?

idahoBLKss

recently did some vinyl work for a discount tire circle track car and they are willing to hook me up with a good deal on some tires . just wondering if anybody is running the 420's and how you like them. currently im running pirelli scorpions and love them but i was wanting to run a lighter tire and the 420's are 3lbs lighter a tire not a huge difference but every lil bit helps. let me know your experience , thanks in advance .

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nitto 420s here, my 2nd set, EXCELLENT wet traction, the water cuz of the design shoots out the side literally. Softer rubber compound so when they heat up they hook well on dry. Handle excellent IMHO too whenever I take hard turns on freeway ramps. Only downside was if you do burnouts, the rubber compound will glue to your fenders, not rub off like a normal tire. So in case you do any AWD burnouts ;) Also I have seen the Florida member, I forget his name, use them in snow and I specifically asked what his results were and he said they did well in snow on his trip. I think it's 90zxdriver. Funny you posted this as I was just searching for Nittos for my DDto switch over. Also looks like Nitto has a new NT 421, looks pretty legit.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/tires/nitto/product/submitProductSize.do?pc=15278&tmn=NT+421Q&typ=Truck%2FSUV

I have been running them for 2 years. That's all I'll run on a bigger wheel now. IMO one of the better tires out. I have ran Tokyo proxies and bfg g force kdw and like the nitto's a lot better. The kdw were junk the toyos were OK. I have quite a few Buddy's that run yge 420s as well and really like them as well .

I have been running them for 2 years. That's all I'll run on a bigger wheel now. IMO one of the better tires out. I have ran Tokyo proxies and bfg g force kdw and like the nitto's a lot better. The kdw were junk the toyos were OK. I have quite a few Buddy's that run yge 420s as well and really like them as well .

im running them, 305/50-20's on stock wheels. great traction wet or dry, treadwear is awesome. i disagree with will though, i like the way they look! i did see a ss with stock wheels running a factory size 275 and they looked goofy, just too narrow for the tread pattern.

I run them too as a summer tire, only put on 4k miles so don't know how they will hold up in the long run. They look great, hook up wet or dry, have them off by the time the s ow flies. Looking at the tread would think a snow wouldn't be an issue with AWD.

As mentioned above, I have them but I have no experience with them in the snow. The SS has only been in Florida. I am very happy with them. Night and day difference over the factory Goodyears. As mentioned above, great wet traction but I'm sure the AWD also has something to do with that :thumbs: . Great in the rain, never had an issue with the truck hydroplaning with these tires. I got them in a 305/50/20 and it took me about year to finally pull the trigger on them but I'm pleased with my decision. I think they look cool too.

I haven't used these tire personally but I can speak on experience we had a cust. Come into my shop with brand new 12 ram 1500 crew cab had about 8,000miles on it he decided to put some wheels n tires on he ordered em and bought em in to install. He got a 22" viper replica wheel and the nitto 420s. Installed em all was well for first couple weeks then he keep calling saying he had a pull to the right we messed with the truck on and off for a week or so rebalancing,alignment anything possible. But it came down to the tires we swapped out the nitto for toyo and pull went away...come to find out we got ahold of nitto and they said its a common issue for up the the first 15k then the tire would "settle"..... Now like I said this is just my one time experience with them I have never used em personally I'm a Michelin guy...but everywhere I look everybody's running em so they can't be that bad

Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)