Street Scene Grills

Well after being back ordered for 2 monthes my inserts arrived today. I'm mechanically inclined but I'll be damned if I can figure out how these clips work. Anyone have on on that could shed a little light on it for me? The directions were crap and a picture to me is worth a 1000 words..

Be very careful with those clips, they will scratch the hell out of your truck if you're not! :shakehead:

The bulged side goes toward the grille opening, through to the speed grill. The flat(er) side goes up/down away from the grill opening. Place the clip so that the barbs are positioned over two openings on the speed grill and over a cross-section. The let the baby lay down on the grille surround and dig in. Make damed sure you let go exactly where you want it to be. It looks real flimsy, but they will stay.

Hope I didn't confuse things more than they already are. :D

Here's a pic that shows one of the clips.

grille7.JPG

Be very careful with those clips, they will scratch the hell out of your truck if you're not!  :shakehead:

The bulged side goes toward the grille opening, through to the speed grill.  The flat(er) side goes up/down away from the grill opening.  Place the clip so that the barbs are positioned over two openings on the speed grill and over a cross-section.  The let the baby lay down on the grille surround and dig in.  Make damed sure you let go exactly where you want it to be.  It looks real flimsy, but they will stay.

Hope I didn't confuse things more than they already are.  :D

Here's a pic that shows one of the clips.

grille7.JPG

I can see the clip on the bottom, but not real sure about it still. Do you attach it from the back? the open end catches on the grill or other way around? Closer picture would be great.

I would think for being mechanically inclined, you'd be able to figure it out.

I'll mail you the dumbass directions and clips and see if you figure it out, there are 2 different sized clips. I'm not happy with the way the ones fit but I know it's the right one. it's not a cut and dry install. Thank you for stepping up and being "helpful" though.

seeing the "quality" of the design and how it installs is making me re-think my choice of grill . . . . . . maybe I'll keep shopping before buying. :shakehead:

I wanted that same grill too but got tired of hearing next month and this started in March I went with a Trenz billet grill, all 5 pieces 300.00 I put it in in 1/2 hour and all i had to do is put some masking tape on the side edges of the grill and install. This grill has a little weight to it so i installed all hardware . I am happy with the grill so far.

58395029.jpg

Trenz makes 2 different types, Cut-Out & Bolt Over. My neighbor has the Trenz cut-out style in polished and it looks a lot better than the bolt over.

Carriage works also makes a nice cut-out style. :thumbs:

Trenz makes 2 different types, Cut-Out & Bolt Over.  My neighbor has the Trenz cut-out style in polished and it looks a lot better than the bolt over.

Carriage works also makes a nice cut-out style.  :thumbs:

could you get me a better picture of the clip placement on your grill?

Nope, I ripped that pos off my truck after 1 day.

Archived