ls9 swaped in lq9?

just wandering if anyone has done that? swaped a ls9 cam in the lq9? if so is it worth it or is that more of a blower cam? I'm just tryin to save a little cash. i can buy one for $135!

I'm sure there are alot of better cams than that one out there. U can pick a good used one up for not much more. And when u pick your cam make sure you have a goal in mind. Just to pick up any cam for cheap n throw it in is kinda waste. Everything has to work well together. Mesh so to say.

I heard the ls9 cam makes these motors run! My engine builder is still trying to convince me to sell my 228r for an ls9. I won't lope or sound bad ass but I hear it makes good power. On demand power is how it was explained to me.

I'm sure there are alot of better cams than that one out there. U can pick a good used one up for not much more. And when u pick your cam make sure you have a goal in mind. Just to pick up any cam for cheap n throw it in is kinda waste. Everything has to work well together. Mesh so to say.

X2.... well said

Unless you have a blower that cam will only make better peak numbers than the stocker and will pretty much kill your torque. Not worth the swap IMO. The LS3 cam would be a better stock cam swap. 224 or a 228 is still the best all around cam for mildly modded SSS's.

hands down use that cam. its an AWESOME blower cam! if it wasn't why would GM put it in one of the fastest production cars in the world. think about that... the money and research that goes into it. I have an LS9 cam going in my LM7 JGP truck soon. they even make great power in NA 6.0 and 6.2s. we have seen 30-35 WHP with JUST the cam swap on a 6.2 bolt ons only other mods NA.

ya. so I just have a bolt on truck. you wouldnt have any ideas of what kinda cam I should get for a bolt on truck would you? like as far as specs? I should pry just give texasspeed a ring!

Its a nice cam choice, but i would go with the same cam that has the .581/.581 duration on it

Looks like a nice cam. Are you gonna do a stall or you wanna keep your stock?

thanks guys, and ya I was planning on keeping the stock stall... I'm a 2wd