243 or 317 heads?

Would either the 243 or 317 heads be a good upgrade with the mods in my signature tbss intake ls6 spring and XR265HR...212/218 .558/.563 115LSA cam. This is only if I can get a good deal on the heads.

correct, 317's would be your stock heads, and it would depend on what the 243's came off of, but either way, they would be an upgrade and a boost in compression which is a good thing. What are the 243's off of? Is there a specific reason why youve chosen that specific cam??

The heads I saw were off a 5.7 don't remember the year. I choose that came because my truck is my daily driver and didn't want to change my TBTC out just for the cam. I also have to pass CA smog.

Edited by silverss05 (see edit history)

I would suggest looking to see if you can find a set of 243's off an ls6 which would give you a drop of 6cc's in the combustion chambers compared to your stock 71cc. Ok, but just so you know, even a 3200 stall is very driver friendly, which is what im running in my daily driver sss.

I would suggest looking to see if you can find a set of 243's off an ls6 which would give you a drop of 6cc's in the combustion chambers compared to your stock 71cc. Ok, but just so you know, even a 3200 stall is very driver friendly, which is what im running in my daily driver sss.

I have not had my TBTC for very long so I don't want to pay again for a new stall and labor until I need to repair the trans. I'm just trying to do a mild cam. I'm just curious if I can find the heads if its worth it to do the upgrade while getting a cam and tbss intake installed.