What do you guys think of this?

BlueAKSSS

Well excuse the rant but.... Yesterday morning I drove my SS down to Home Depot around 10:30 am. On my way back I pulled up to the stop light with my signal on to turn left coming out of the parking lot while I was waiting (first in line) I noticed a cop pulled up going the other way and stopped. My light turned green and I normally turned left with other cars following me. As I continued straight I looked in my mirror to see the cop do a U-turn and follow traffic. I made some more turns with the traffic following me and the cop behind them and after a bit the cop lit up and the traffic pulled over and he went after me! I had made no driving errors of any kind and this was 10:30 am as well. Turns out he pulled me over just on the fact that I have no front plate (it was in the windshield because there is no holes in my bumper.) Its been this way since new and for the almost 5 years I've owned it. Anyhow I just thought it was a bit strange that I got pulled over for such a small thing. Sorry for the rant but I just thought it was worth posting now I've got the plate bracket installed that I bought 5 years ago and never put on so I can have the ticket fixed.

20130428_174544Small_zpsbd48d221.jpg

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

I think a lot of it depends on the cop. In oregon we are required to have a front plate. Moved to Arizona and I removed my front bracket and filled in the holes. Then back in Oregon I just put it in my windshield and I had it like that for 2 years and no problems, I also have the it in the windshield of the my Subaru. I have never had a problems, but I know a couple people who have been pulled over for having there plates in the windshield. They usually jest get warnings and they dont do anything about it.

The DPS here in Texas will do the samething for no front plate,I know how you feel man

Yep. My wife has been pulled over twice in her Yukon for this but always got a warning probably because her smile is better than mine lol

Doesnt look bad man i hope you get the ticket fixed Same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago pulled me over for no front plate and tinted taillights.... It was a nice sunny day so windows were down then goes can you roll your window up for me to check my tint, I have 1.5% ( that's what it reads on the scale) on my fronts..... Was like those are too dark... Then all he gives me is a written warning

Cop having a bad day. I got pulled over because a BMW passed me. I was doing 70 he was doing 84. I got the ticket for 84. I couldnt do 84 because of 2 mattresses strapped to the bed of my truck. But during the ticket, cop wrote me up for my recon tail lights and no front plate. Plate and lights back on for a year now and been by many cops. never got a ticket again. Cop was pissed at something. just leave it on, it doesnt look bad