My Super Slow SS

Bizo

Compared to the other sport trucks (Ram Srt-10 and Lightning) the SS is the slowest stock vs. stock, but once you get down to the mods the awd makes it a competitor.

ARH would be my only choice. 100% American made and products, do not have to worry about Chinease metal, and their may be more in the future to to offer from them. Their is a place in MA that has a dyno long enough for our trucks, however we would need a group of us to get Don to the dyno as the place that houses the dyno is a foreign car (mostly bmw) mod shop. Ive also been talking to Don about things I need done to the truck.

I'm not trying to bust your balls, but pretty much all Stainless steel is made in China. I'm in the manufacturing business, 80% of what we make is stainless (oil and gas industry). The raw material comes for china.

Texas Speed makes a some stainless headers for under $400. Looks like a decent price for stainless.

I took my intake off at 100k. Full of crud from the pvc system. I would start cleaning that the MAF. Try a tune. NED is a great track at a low elevation for good times. O2's are sluggish with age as well.

Absolutely getting a tune ASAP. I'll clean the MAF this weekend. As far as the O2's, they are not used during WOT to adjust any fuel tables due to being narrow band sensors so not sure that will make much of a difference.

I'm not trying to bust your balls, but pretty much all Stainless steel is made in China. I'm in the manufacturing business, 80% of what we make is stainless (oil and gas industry). The raw material comes for china.

I understand and yes 90% of the market is crap china steel, but ARH is 100% American. I know this because I have spoken to them about a project which they are waiting to do.

Like others have stated, high 14's with cai and catback is very common. My best with cai and catback was 14.7. Put in some servos and had a black bear tune, 14.1. Now I have a set of headers and am going to install a stall and Trans cooler and go to the track this weekend. Haven't gotten a chance to retune yet, but will shortly. You can get these trucks to move pretty well. I'm hoping for 13.7's on street tires after stall. It's possible bud it just gets very expensive. Spend some more time at the track to feel your ride and what works best.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my Zippy tuned PCM back and installed. Just waiting for the shift kit. Man, what a difference a tune makes. Big thanks to Zippy who has been extremely helpful and patient with all my questions. I'll be back at the track soon but it's definitely quicker already.

Edited by Bizo (see edit history)

• 4 months later...

On the headers I got ARH sooo glad I bought them worth every penny once I seen them in person there worth more just my 2 cents

My truck with 86,000 miles with cai,corsa sport ran a 14.8 @90 no other mods at all

2003 SSS awd

I haven't ran it with the headers yet and it's still not tuned

Edited by Mcinalli123 (see edit history)