My Super Slow SS

Bizo

Ok. I'm installing a shift kit with vette servo and a tune and we'll see how it goes then. The torque management really ruins the shifting completely. It's so soft it's ridiculous. That's gotta get me near the 14's I hope. Any opinions on mufflers? It's gotta thrush on it now but it could be hurting not helping. I was thinking true dual with an x-pipe but I have no idea what mufflers to run.

There is? I want prove of such a story!

Free Otto!!

I'm calling shananigains!!!!!!

Free Otto!

You both can go free Otto and call shenanigans, then i will release the details :jester: The name of the shop has been mentioned here on a thread about a MA members build, Im surprised you both didn't catch it. I will only release the name if we can get a group down their to dyno our trucks with Don. If your both in, we can talk :coold:

It's not Don who has the dyno that fit's our trucks, he would simply be the tuner. Your reading way too far into this (example number 1. thinking its Don who has the dyno that fits our trucks, every MA member knows this). This is why I do not like sharing info, certain members just cast doubt and negativity. And as far as my truck having no chance getting their, oh well.

Bizo on mufflers I would go with Magnaflow, Borla, Gibson. Complete systems Corsa or Billy Boat (B&B has true dual exhaust systems, quality is 2nd to none).

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

It's not Don who has the dyno that fit's our trucks, he would simply be the tuner. Your reading way too far into this (example number 1. thinking its Don who has the dyno that fits our trucks, every MA member knows this). This is why I do not like sharing info, certain members just cast doubt and negativity. And as far as my truck having no chance getting their, oh well.

How can we not cast doubt?......You have this BIG secret that only you know the answer to. You seem to be the only person that has ever seen this AWD dyno that our trucks fit on.

Free Otto!

Edited by JF-03-SS (see edit history)

Bizo, that's not a bad time. I ran a 16.3 @84 %100 stock. Servos and shift kit didn't net me any extra time on the 1/4 but it stiffened shifting up nicely. After a tune, headers and cai I went 14.9 @89.

Edited by canadianVRss (see edit history)

Bizo, that's not a bad time. I ran a 16.3 @84 %100 stock. Servos and shift kit didn't net me any extra time on the 1/4 but it stiffened shifting up nicely. After a tune, headers and cai I went 14.9 @89.

Wow. Why do I see all these trucks online running 14.9's. Doesn't add up. What kind of heads did you put on? Who tuned it after the heads?

Edited by Bizo (see edit history)

Bizo on mufflers I would go with Magnaflow, Borla, Gibson. Complete systems Corsa or Billy Boat (B&B has true dual exhaust systems, quality is 2nd to none).

The truck has a Corsa side exit exhaust but the previous owner had a Thrush chambered muffler welded in place of the Corsa muffler because he claimed it was rotting and leaking. My buddy own's a Lou's custom exhaust shop and I know he's gonna try to talk me into their house brand SS409 muffler but I know nothing about them. He one on my old TBI Yukon and it was loud, sounded like a chambered muffler. I might have to supply my own.

Wow. Why do I see all these trucks online running 14.9's. Doesn't add up. What kind of heads did you put on? Who tuned it after the heads?

That was before I did heads, cam and stall. If you meant "headers" I put on OBX LTs. For "heads" I put on L92s. Zippy is my tuner.

How can we not cast doubt?......You have this BIG secret that only you know the answer to. You seem to be the only person that has ever seen this AWD dyno that our trucks fit on.

Free Otto!

Sorry I do not get into pissing matches, I am surprised to see you stoop down so low with these comments as you are a moderator. If you want a dyno tune, you can PM me. We need a couple trucks to do this. I will not let the name of the shop out, however their is another MA member that knows of this place so I am not the only one (say what you think). You must have missed the thread. I am done with this childish behavior. I am not here to make believers but offer info I have that others do not. If you do not like what I have to say, do not reply. That should be the rule of a moderator.

Bizo, I would supply the cat back/muffler you choose to Lou's. Look into Billy Boat, unique aggressive sound with great performance. Customer service may not be the best, but the product is well worth it. Good luck to the tune and system!

Thanks 03mass. I'll check out Billy Boat.

CanadianVRss, what intake are you running the L92 heads? Just a mail order tune? What's it running in the 1/4 now? Sorry, I thought you wrote "heads" not "headers" in you first post.