My Super Slow SS

Bizo

Slow hawk is supposed to be really good I had a Blackbear and don at slow hawk wanted to redo my tune but I sold my truck before that happened!! Call don and tell him your goals his prices are excellent so you prob could get the trans worked on and tuned right from him! I was going to have him install headers and E fans for me and retune his price was outstanding!!

Free Otto!!!

I doubt it red to me is slow lol!!!

Lol I was thinking the same.

If you can get a live tune that would be better. There are tons of little mods to do. It gets expensive lol. Ever month I feel like I'm buying more stuff. But I got er running pretty good now. You gotta get those 60ft times down. What rpm are u leaving at?

My 60' times were 2.33-2.45. It was about 75 degrees not sure about humidity but it was low. Should I do a tune first or transgo hd2 shit kit with servos then tune? I'm gonna baseline dyno it soon, I live three houses down from Granite State Dyno and they have an AWD dyno. I was thinking of using Slowhawk to tune instead of a mail order but I'd like to get opinions on the top mail order tuners if you guys have any.

Your 60ft times are whats killing you. Is Granite State Dyno in Concord? I think you will find that any AWD dyno around here is 1 roller to short for our trucks. I went to ESP for a street tune and we tried loading the SSS on the dyno for shits and giggles........to short!

Get a tune (street or mail order) and you will see a major difference.

Free Otto!!

Edited by JF-03-SS (see edit history)

"Your 60ft times are whats killing you. Is Granite State Dyno in Concord? I think you will find that any AWD dyno around here is 1 roller to short for our trucks. I went to ESP for a street tune and we tried loading the SSS on the dyno for shits and giggles........to short!"

What should my 60' times be? I don't see how a tune could dramatically reduce the 60' time with a converter. Granite state dyno is in with Pro Tree performance now in Hudson.

What are everyone's thoughts on headers as far as brand is concerned? There's such a price difference. Texas speed even makes they're own they're $1000 less then ARH. I can't see the justification for $1400 headers.

A tune will do a lot for you I had a street strip one in my truck my tow haul button was for the strip mode! A tune locks up the converter quick firmer shifts also instead of the trucks mph stoping at 115 now it will do 120 or so.

As far as headers go how deep are your pockets also you will have to retune for headers. Use the search button there is a TON of info on this website on headers!!

Free Otto

Brandon, his reaction time make no difference at all, but his 60FT time will tell us something.

My truck back in the day (CAI only) ran a best of 15.4 at NED. What was the wether there Wed. night? How are you launching?

Free Otto!!

Haha i was just curious on the reaction time.

And can you please answer the "free otto" questions racking up on the Free Otto thread?

Any ideas what's going on with my quarter miles times? I have a 2003 SS with 115k, it's got a K&N cold air kit and a dual in/dual out thrush muffler. I took it to NE Dragway Wednesday night for the first time since I bought with 107k. Out of four passes, the best it could run was 15.89 @ 85 mph! Needless to say I'm concerned and disappointed. These are supposed to be almost a second faster out of the box. WTF?

Compared to the other sport trucks (Ram Srt-10 and Lightning) the SS is the slowest stock vs. stock, but once you get down to the mods the awd makes it a competitor.

"Your 60ft times are whats killing you. Is Granite State Dyno in Concord? I think you will find that any AWD dyno around here is 1 roller to short for our trucks. I went to ESP for a street tune and we tried loading the SSS on the dyno for shits and giggles........to short!"

What should my 60' times be? I don't see how a tune could dramatically reduce the 60' time with a converter. Granite state dyno is in with Pro Tree performance now in Hudson.

What are everyone's thoughts on headers as far as brand is concerned? There's such a price difference. Texas speed even makes they're own they're $1000 less then ARH. I can't see the justification for $1400 headers.

ARH would be my only choice. 100% American made and products, do not have to worry about Chinease metal, and their may be more in the future to to offer from them. Their is a place in MA that has a dyno long enough for our trucks, however we would need a group of us to get Don to the dyno as the place that houses the dyno is a foreign car (mostly bmw) mod shop. Ive also been talking to Don about things I need done to the truck.

GM is notorious for killing the performance in their vehicles by under tuning them and putting loads of TQ management on them... A good tune alone could net you up to .5 faster in a 1/4... With supporting mods like exhaust, CAI, headers, shift kit, I see you in the low 14's... A maggie will get you another second and some nitrous another .5-.75 LOL... These trucks take mods very well and with the AWD it is a monster to be reckoned with...

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)