My Super Slow SS

Bizo

Any ideas what's going on with my quarter miles times? I have a 2003 SS with 115k, it's got a K&N cold air kit and a dual in/dual out thrush muffler. I took it to NE Dragway Wednesday night for the first time since I bought with 107k. Out of four passes, the best it could run was 15.89 @ 85 mph! Needless to say I'm concerned and disappointed. These are supposed to be almost a second faster out of the box. WTF?

Haha you sounded like me right before I cammed mine recently. Let me tell you, it wakes if up a whole lot. Now it runs like it should have from the factory, less the sucky gas mileage. Like already mentioned I would def look into a tune and you might as well do headers while your at it. That plus servos and a shift kit and I think you'll be alright.

Any ideas what's going on with my quarter miles times? I have a 2003 SS with 115k, it's got a K&N cold air kit and a dual in/dual out thrush muffler. I took it to NE Dragway Wednesday night for the first time since I bought with 107k. Out of four passes, the best it could run was 15.89 @ 85 mph! Needless to say I'm concerned and disappointed. These are supposed to be almost a second faster out of the box. WTF?

Get a turbo or supercharger and supporting mods!

What was your reaction time? 60ft?

Brandon, his reaction time make no difference at all, but his 60FT time will tell us something.

My truck back in the day (CAI only) ran a best of 15.4 at NED. What was the wether there Wed. night? How are you launching?

Free Otto!!

Edited by JF-03-SS (see edit history)

I waited till 115k to tune my truck I kicked myself in the ass for waiting so long! Get a tune also new plugs wires get Taylor 409's clean the maf and the throttle body change the fuel filter! My truck with 120k would run 14.6 with out a tailgate no trailer hitch and no spare! Stock times are what u posted! Also your muffler could be hurting you! I had a dynomax x flow!

Also spend some money on beefing up yours transmission!

NE dragway I haven't been there in a few years! You from mass??!

Free Otto

Edited by NoMoreSS (see edit history)

My 60' times were 2.33-2.45. It was about 75 degrees not sure about humidity but it was low. Should I do a tune first or transgo hd2 shit kit with servos then tune? I'm gonna baseline dyno it soon, I live three houses down from Granite State Dyno and they have an AWD dyno. I was thinking of using Slowhawk to tune instead of a mail order but I'd like to get opinions on the top mail order tuners if you guys have any.